Chapter Four

A small beeping noise erupted from Cry's wrist. He quickly shut it off and stopped walking. He turned towards us, "Who's hungry?"

We all ate some tuna fish sandwiches and relaxed for a bit. The highway we were following us about twenty feet away from us just in case any Glitchers were on patrol. We stay hidden in the brush, sure it made walking a hassle but it's better than being killed.

After the food was eaten, we started walking again. In the middle of the fourth hour of nonstop walking, I was tired and my side stung and my head hurt like hell and I was ready to drop down and sleep, but that wasn't really an option. Right now, I was more grateful to Cry for letting me sleep in than ever.

I was torn from my thoughts by a familiar sound.

"Everyone stop and get down!" I hissed in a hushed voice. They all dropped to the ground and looked at the surrounding wood. I listened closely and heard the buzz of electricity.

Cry looked to me and pointed his finger out the highway where I saw two Glitchers patrolling the area. I nodded to him as if to say that's what I heard. He muttered something under his breath and looked at the rest of his teammates. They looked back, waiting for instruction. He put a finger to his lips and leant over to me.

"Were ganna create a distraction, pass it on." he whispered. I leant over to Scott, and whispered the same message. It went all the way down the line, finishing with Snake, who nodded up at Cry.

He leaned into my ear again and whispered, "Russ and Cheyanne will go out. Start shouting and taunting." I told Scott and the message followed down the row once more.

"Scott, Snake, and Minx will make their way to the cars that are on the highway and wait with their guns ready." I passed it along and Snake nodded at the end.

"(Y/N) and I will Cover you guys at the car. If there are two, who knows how many more there are."

I told Scott and the message was received. I took out my gun simultaneously with Cry while everyone got into position. Cry would hand off the signal to Scott, who will motion when Russ and Chey to go out and start the diversion. I aimed my gun at the car where Scott, Snake, and Minx sat while Cry sat back to back with me and aimed out into the woods.

Cry put his hand in the air and I saw Scott pick up his gun off the ground. The next thing I knew, Russ and Cheyanne were screaming at the top of their lungs. The Glitchers were startled and took out their weapons.

"What's happening?" Cry whispered to me.

"Uh, the Glitchers got out their weapons and are walking towards Russ and Chey." The first gunshot, fired by Snake, made me jump, but I continued the narration, "Snake shot the first Glitcher in the head. It's dead, I think."

A second shot rang out, causing me to jump again. "Russ and Cheyanne are running into the forest now. The second Glitcher got too close for comfort." another shot rang out and the buzz of electricity was gone."

I waited a moment, staring at the Glitcher, then spoke, "There dead."

Cry stood up and walked out onto the highway. I followed behind, gun still ready to shoot any threats. We all went around the Aliens' dead bodies.

Snake rummaged through their things, only to come up empty handed.

"They have nothing good." His deep voice sending a shiver down your spine.

"Let's keep going. We don't want to stay here with two dead Glitchers. We only have about twenty minutes left of walking." Cry commanded and started moving out. I trailed behind and we all fell into the same order as before. Cry, me, Scott, Cheyanne, Russ, Minx, and Snake.