Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: WOW OKAY SORRY ABOUT THAT WAIT....  Anyways.... I hope this chapter makes sense, it's kinda sad tbh... 

If you haven't already, I'd recommend re-reading the last chapter just to jog your memory. That's what I did. 

Follow my Tumblr @Dancegavdance

The hallway was short, but dark. I couldn't stop myself from looking over my shoulder twenty times before we reached the exit. Everyone filed out, running up a flight of stairs.

Once I broke out of the darkness, I let out a deep breath, observing my surrounds.

The room drab. There was nothing special about it. On the right wall, there were a few hooks that had strips of tapes above them, a name hastily scribbled onto each.

I walked over next to Cry, who had his gun out, just in case.

"My bosses aren't ganna like that I brought y'all here, ya know." Jeff spoke for the first time we went into the tunnel.

"Take us to them." Cry said, moving his gun around a little bit to remind Jeff who was in charge.

Jeff's gaze didn't leave the gun, "There aren't weapons aloud around here, either. I don't think this is a good idea. You people really should leave."

I exchanged a look with Cry, who spoke first, "Your people aren't allowed weapons?"

Jeff hastily shook his head, "No sir, only top dogs get fancy gadgets like that. Anyone caught with anything more than a simple butter knife gets shipped."

"Shipped?" Scott asked, readjusting the small pack on his shoulders.

"The higher ups come and get ya in the middle of the night and they take you away to be Glitcher's slaves. I really shouldn't be tellin' y'all this." Jess talked quickly, his words barely registered.

"You mean they send them off to be Glitcher's slaves? What the fuck." Cry spoke in shock.

"I have nothing to do with it, I swear sir! Please just let me go back to my family!" Jeff started crying again.

I stared at him in shock, "Why don't you guys just leave?"

"They'll send the Glitchers after ya!" Jeff huffed out through heavy breaths.

Cry and I looked at each other, and I swore I saw something flash in his eyes that I see very rarely. Fear.

It was quite. No one knew what to say. This place we thought was a community is a prison. The plan has got to change.

"Minx, Russ, make sure he doesn't go anywhere. The rest of you, over here." Cry took over, using his leader voice. The one I loved so much.

We met on the other side of the room, Cry spoke first, "This place isn't what we thought."

"Obviously." I interjected, "We need a change of plans. We can't let this camp just go. We have to do something, right?"

"There isn't much we can do right now. We'll need reinforcements from Autumn." Scott told us. I nodded in agreement.

"We could always come back? With extra people and weapons. Try and convince these people to step down." Snake suggested.

"What about Jeff? He's terrified of the leaders, it sounds like, so he'll obviously rat us out." I told them.

"We don't even know if he's telling the truth, either. This could all just be a play, and we walked right into it." Scott told us, eyes slowly getting wider with panic.