26.

// Mariah //

I wake up the next morning to the sound of talking, groaning I open my eyes and look to my right to see Cameron wasn't next to me anymore. "Did he leave already??" I look around.

"I promise sir, I will never hurt her again and I swear I'll keep her safe from everyone who comes to harm her."

Wait is that.....

"Oh no." I jump out of my bed, I run out of my room and downstairs, turning sharply around the corner to the kitchen, I fall when I ram straight into someone's hard chest. "Ow!!" I groan as I landed on my butt "Riah, you okay?" Cameron asks, helping me up.

He scans over me as he checked for any scratches or bruises, kinda how my dad used to do when I was a little girl. "I'm not a child, Cam." I say and he laughs.

"I know that but you are super clumsy." He poked my nose "ah Mariah your up." my dad says and I smile "hi daddy." I hug him. God I hope I wasn't too late.

"So Mariah do you want to explain why he was in your bed last night till this morning??" my dad gives me a look making me bite my bottom lip "we didn't do anything, I promise, he just comforted me because I was upset yesterday." I tell her and he raises an eyebrow.

"That better be what happened young lady." He points at me.

"It is." Cameron and I both say and my dad smiles "well he seems like a better kid than he used to be and we approve of him even besides the fact that he was your bully at one point in time." my dad Jason says as he walks out of the kitchen and pats Cameron's shoulder.

Cameron smiles at me before speaking.

"Well I should probably get going, my mom must be worried and plus, we have a math test this afternoon so I got last minute studying to do." He says smoothly "I'll talk to you later than." I kiss his cheek making my dads clear their throats.

Nodding his head Cameron smiled at us one more time before leaving my house.

"Why were you even in my room this morning, don't you have to work today?" I ask and my dad shakes his head 'no' "next time, get our work schedules correct." my dad Jason laughs as they go into the kitchen and I follow behind.

"Wait you guys aren't mad?" I ask "why would we be mad?" my dad asks "because I had a boy in my room and he spent the night without permission." I state the obvious.

"You can't get mad over something you already knew about."

"WHAT!!!" I scream "yep we knew, your boyfriend there is a very sloppy climber, the tree out there hits our window every time he climbs up and down." my dad Jason says.

"Even the first time?!" I ask cautiously "yep." my dad nods "how!?!" I rake my hand through my hair "well that time we saw him running through the yard and down the street." He says "we almost called the cops on him." my dad Jason laughs.

"You were gonna call the cops!!"

"Totally."

Hope you guys like it!!!!!!! sorry for the wait, had to find a loop for wattpad.

Edited.