22.

Thanks to this awesome group FinePrint2 daniel_hayes_bae Jeffreyisjj katelynnjones507 Lydia_Rose_Loves_You & o_glexi

// Sammie //

I watch as the lifeguard swims to the bottom of the pool and grabs whatever at the bottom but when she comes back up all she held was a pair of pants.

"What?" I question. "Where's Mariah then??"

// Mariah //

"Hello?" I answer my wet phone "Mariah!!" I hear the energetic voice of Cameron yell through the speak "Mariah where are you?" He asks, sighing I push my wet hair out of my face "Mariah... hello?" Cameron calls out for me but I don't respond.

"Babe answer me, you've already scared the hell out of me." Cameron pleads, taking a deep breath I quietly just hang up my phone and look up at the sky.

After a few minutes of just breathing I look at my knee, my knee was and looked fine even though I've been forcing myself to run. I feel my phone vibrating making me look at it to see it was Cameron calling me again.

I decline the call before burying my head in my hands, I don't know why but I just started crying.

Closing my eyes I try to escape the panic.

~ FLASHBACK ~

I fall into the water with a huge splash, gasping I couldn't feel my knee and could just see the surface of the pool meaning I was at the bottom of it, I could hear everyone cheering and swimming away but I couldn't reach them.

Kicking my legs I try to swim to the surface but I was stuck to something, looking down at my legs I see my jeans were stuck to the slide. "Let's do it again!!" I hear Cameron yell.

"Ah!!" I scream but it comes out as bubbles and muffled noises, I tug on my jeans harshly but nothing works to free them from the slides grip. Running out of air I bang on the slide to draw attention to myself but that only made me tired and run out of breath quicker.

I could literally feel myself drowning and no one noticed, fuck it who cares if Cameron sees my knee, I'm going to die if I stay down here, I unbuckle my jeans and slide out of them with a struggle, once I was out I swam as fast as I could to the surface just to start choking on air.

Panting as I pulled myself out of the pool and to safety I kinda just laid their, at least I thought about putting on a bikini under my clothes or else I would be regretting taking off my pants more. "Mariah!!!" I hear someone scream making me look around to see Sammie and the boys.

Quickly in a panic I take off my knee brace and run in the other direction.

I was actually running, no limp, no stumble or wobble no nothing!!

~ END OF FLASHBACK ~

"Mariah!?!" I hear a shocked voice come from in front of me, looking I see Gabe standing there "great what are you doing here?" I ask sarcastically.

"Why are you out here?" He retorts back making me look away from him as he sits down next to me "and why are you crying." Gabe adds on. "I'm not crying." I wipe my eyes defensively "yes you are now tell your brother what happened." Gabe pulls me into his chest.

I whine and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know." I shrug "yep your mom's daughter alright." Gabe laughs "don't compare me to her." I hiss, I hated being compared to my mother.

"Well I did and your just like her no matter how much you deny it.... you guys act just alike I mean she cries for no reason sometimes and nothing will be wrong with her." He shrugs.

"Your not good at this brother thing you know." I sniff and wipe away a few stray tears "yeah but I'm good at tracking my sister down." He laughs "oh shut up, Gabriel." I laugh as well.

"Come on let's go back, the world is to big to be lonely." He stands up an dusts off his pants.

"I guess so." I stand up and dust myself off as well, I walk with Gabe in silence until he looks at me and laughs. "Mariah, where's your pants??"

Yay Gabe and Mariah are bonding!!!!!!!

Edited.