33.

// Sammie //

I bit my lip nervously as Mariah watched movies in my room, the guilt I felt in the pit of my stomach was terrible and even worse I was going to have to tell her soon or else this small little thing is going to become massive but right now I need to talk to Gabe.

I needed to distract her so I can go figure something out with him, I mean they don't talk so it probably won't hurt their relationship as much as it would hurt ours.

"God forgive me for what I'm about to do." I whispered before going to the bathroom, turning on the faucet so no one could hear what I was about to do, I dialed Cameron's number and immediately on the first ring he answered.

"Hey Sammie is Mariah with you I really need to talk to her.... please say she is." Cameron blurted out "she's with me but what the hell is wrong with you for cheating on her with Missy!!!" I growled through the speaker.

"I didn't cheat, I had literally just gotten there when Missy pulled in behind me I swear... and if I was cheating do you think I would really be that stupid to do it on my front porch." Cameron stated "well that's not what Riah thinks and I feel like you bullshitting me right now." I sass.

"Sammie I swear on my own life that I put that bitch in her place." Cameron pleaded "deadass Cameron?" I ask questionably "deadass." Cameron responded with no hesitation "fine but your going to really have to do some convincing to get Mariah to listen." I whisper as something shuffled outside.

"I'll be there in like 10 minutes so don't let her leave." Cameron demanded "yeah, yeah bye." I said before he hung up the phone, "Samantha who are you talking to." the door then opened.

"Oh hey Mari-... Mom?" I give her a confused look.

"Yes your mother, now who were you just talking too." my mom demanded, the evil look in her eye let me know this wouldn't end well. "No one." I shake my head as I hid my phone. "That didn't sound like no one... do I have to go through your phone." my mom hissed.

"Mom legit you can back off, I haven't broken any of your house rules so calm down." I roll my eyes, I didn't have time for her crap today, "okay then who is in your room?" She asked.

"Mariah is in my room." I say making my mom raise an eyebrow as she glared, from her look I couldn't tell if the glare came from the mention of Mariah's name- since my mom didn't like her- or the fact that she didn't believe me, so I decided to go with my second thought.

"Do you want to check for yourself or something??" I rudely asked her.

"Watch your tongue young lady, I'm still your mother." my mom growled before walking away quickly, her tightly pinned up blonde hair barely moving as she walked away.

Sighing I go to my room, "Hey Mariah, I have to go somewhere so I got someone to come over and keep you company, be nice and give him a chance... okay bye." I told her before rushing downstairs, I grabbed the keys to my car before rushing outside.

 I could not be here when Mariah realized what I said or else I was dead but as I left my house I saw Cameron pulling up in front of my house. We lived really close to each other so I wasn't surprised by his arrival time.

"She's inside." I jump in my car and sped off to Gabe's house- which was almost on the other side of town by the train station- we needed to talk and we needed to talk now, as I drove I thought of ways I was going to suggest telling Mariah but when I pulled into his driveway I just felt this mad emptiness in my stomach.

"You can do this Samantha." I whispered before getting out of my car, I walk up to Gabe's front door and give a good knock before waiting patiently.

I waited for about 10 minutes but no one answered the door.

"No one must be home." I turn around to walk away when I heard a voice behind me "Sammie what are you doing here?" Gabe's raspy voice rung making me turn around to see he was leaning against the door frame shirtless.

Impulsively my eyes traveled to his abs. "My eyes are up here." Gabe laughed "sorry just um....." I trailed off, I could definitely see why drunken me slept with him, "it's fine why did you come." Gabe yawned a bit, he must've just woken up.

"I can't keep lying to Mariah, it feels wrong." I shake my head "whoa, you haven't told her have you!!?" Gabe panicked, fully awake now. "No but I want to, I mean she's my best friend."

"Sammie look at me this isn't something she has to know about, we were both drunk and it happened its not like we planned it so forget about it." Gabe grabbed my shoulders.

"But I can't its eating me up inside."

"Yes you can." Gabe came closer to me, I felt my breath bitch as my eyes uncontrollably focused on his lips "Sammie all you have to do is hide it until you for-" I cut him off by kissing his lips.

Gabe smirked before wrapping his arms around me and picking me up. "Good thing my family is out." He said against my lips "yeah." I nodded as he closed the door and carried me upstairs.

Edited.