Sisters by choice

Baylee's POV: I strapped Haven's seat in the car and got in the driver's seat. Andy buckled his seat belt. The car ride was silent. Hours of driving felt so short because I was pissed. Thoughts crashing into each other in my head was killing me. All the what ifs and the worries that came along with those rushing through me all at once.
I looked at Andy impatiently as he was taking forever to get out of the car. "You go, I'll get Haven and meet you up there." Andy kissed my cheek, sensing I wanted to go in right that second.
I ran through the halls and shook as I pressed the elevator buttons. They opened to a sad and quiet hallway. Nurses looked at me as I stepped out of the moving concoction. I found the front desk and asked about Brooklynn. They weren't aloud to give out any information unless it was immediate family, I was her immediate family.
I started pacing up and down the halls until I bumped into someone. "Sor- Ashley!" I latched on to him and felt the tears building up in my eyes. I squeezed him as hard as I could. He cried into my shoulder. I pulled away and looked at him and his sad chocolate eyes. "Baylee, she isn't doing good." He wiped his eyes. My heart sank. "Can I see her?" I asked. He pointed to the room and I went for it.
It was dark and quiet. The only noise was the sound of the heart monitor beeping. I pulled a chair next to my sleeping best friend and just looked at her. Remembering our past year together. All the good and bad. I grabbed her cold hand and pushed it to my forhead. I shook and cried.
I looked at her, sleeping with oxygen hooked to her and suddenly felt the guilt and pain. "I'm sorry." I sighed. "I'm so fucking sorry. I wish I would have stayed. I wish I could have helped. I wish I wouldn't have pulled you into this. I wish I would have talked to you more. I wish I would have hugged you more. I wish I could talk to you right now. I wish I didn't start to lose you before I left. I wish our friendship was still a thing because listen; I've never had a friend like you. Hell, I've never had a friend. But to think of someone as family so quick after just meeting them, means something so great to me that I came just let it go. I can't let you go. Brooklynn, you are my life line still and always will be. Always. Because, we were friends by chance, but sisters by choice." My voice cracked during that last sentence.
"And if you don't make it, I'll make Laine burn for everything he's done." I cried more. I felt her squeeze my hand and I looked up again. She was awake.
"Do you mean all of that?" She asked. "Only all of it." I smiled. I stood up to hug her and I hear a loud bang and then I hit the floor. Everything went black.