Let Me Be Happy.

Baylee's POV: His questions had an uncomfortable steely edge to them. He really did still care, he is jealous. It may seem wrong, but I liked the reaction I am getting from Andy. "You were just fine with the fact that I’m down here, miserable, but as soon as I go and do something you’re all up in my business. Stop being a jealous freak. We aren’t dating and we never were, you wanted Juliet remember?" I hung up the phone and stared at the dark.

   I didn’t fall back asleep I stayed awake. When it hit 8 I drug my half asleep body out of bed to the bathroom to fix myself before I went to lunch with Jaden. I crawled into the shower and sat down, letting the water fall against my back while I hugged my knees. My phone kept ringing with Andy's song just like it had through the rest of the night, I never answered. I didn’t want to talk to the guy that hurt me the most. I get attached way too easily then get hurt every single damn time.

   I stepped out into the steam my shower had created and looked at myself in the half fogged mirror. "Stupid girl, he doesn’t care." I whispered to myself and turned away to put on my clothes. When the steam went away and the mirror unfogged, I started to put on my makeup. The struggle to lift my arms and move around was getting harder, it hurt. Hurting is welcome because it gives me something else to focus on. Pain is the only thing reminding me I’m alive. I finished what I was doing then went down stairs.

   "Had a long night?" Amy sat down in front of me with a little frown. No amount of makeup could cover the black circles under my eyes. I nodded and gave her a forced smile. "I'm sorry about Andy." she sipped her coffee. My skin turned cold when I heard his name, I looked up at her. "Why are you sorry?" I pulled a knee up to my chest because I got nervous. "I heard you guys fighting last night. And your phone all night long." she set the mug down. "I don’t know what’s gotten into him." she said. "Juliet." I mumbled. "What was that?" "Oh nothing." I quickly said.

   "No need to apologize." I told her. "What even happened between you guys? Andy refuses to tell me, but asks about you daily and has for the past 3 months. "He led me on. That’s the short version. Then he told me I needed to grow up in order to be in a relationship with someone his age. So I told him if his idea of growing up is having a girlfriend and then trying out other girls while being in a relationship then I was far from what he considered 'growing up'." I sketched what had happened for her as best as I could. "Oh." is all she said.

   11:30 came around and Jaden was out front. I had told Amy this morning what my plans were and she said she was happy for me and to keep going with my life even though Andy can’t. It made me laugh a little that she was taking my side over her own and only son. I didn’t tell her that though. I went to the car and slide in the passenger seat. "Hello." I greeted him. "Hi!" he started the car and started to drive.

   I wasn’t super hungry so I got a salad and barley even ate it. I had my phone on vibrate, but I could still tell when it was Andy calling or texting me. It was almost always him. When we got back in in car I texted Andy back.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU NEED?

To talk.

I don’t want to talk, sorry. I'm on a date.

Whatever hoe.

Real fucking mature, Andy.

   He had a really good record of pissing me off, it was way bigger then when he made me feel on top of the damn world.

   ~ Later that night.

   I was laying in my bed reading all of Andy's bipolar messages. It would go back and forth from "You stupid bitch." to "I'm sorry, can we please talk things out?" It got annoying so I finally agreed. I called him, not sure of the outcome yet.

"Hello?" "What do you want to talk about?" there was a silence that spread over us. "I didn’t call to not hear you say anything." "I just wanted to hear your voice." I felt a tear hit my hand. "I want to be with you." "Then dump Juliet." "I want to, but I don’t know why I can’t." "Then let me move on and be happy Andy!" I made him stop trying to interrupt me. "I don’t want you to move on, you belong with Me." his voice croaked. I took a deep breath and sighed. "But you belong with Juliet." I forced those words out of my mouth. "That might be true, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you." he stopped. "Andy, I don’t think you know what you are doing to me."