Give Her A Chance.

Andy’s POV: I woke up with a sore back, that's what I get for being a gentlemen. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before standing and entering that land of black fuzziness and swirls. I got my balance and started for the kitchen to make coffee. When I got the coffee out of the cupboard I realized coffee was already made. "Hey dad, when did you start making coffee?" I laughed. "I didn’t, Baylee did." he turned on the news. My laughing made me think of Juliet. I suddenly started to not want to be around Baylee. "Where's mom?" I sat down on the couch. "At work. She will be back around 5." he turned up the T.V. I sipped the warm drink and listened to the news and then the shower turning on.

   "Are you serious about letting her stay here?" I sunk in the broken part of the couch. "Yeah. Andy if you would have been out there with me when she looked at me, you would have let her stay as well. Plus with the way you were last night, I don’t think you mind it." when he said that I felt the anger build inside me. "I was tired and trying to be nice! I have Juliet anyway." I mumbled. "Andy, you know how we feel about Juliet and you know how you really feel about her." he turned off the T.V. and stood up. I just sunk farther down because it made me upset. "Who knows, you might really like Baylee if you give her a chance. Take her to do something today, she just moved here and doesn’t really know Cincinnati." he suggested. "K." I replied with a tone that resulted in a tap on the head with a newspaper.

   The shower turned off and I was in my room trying to hurry and get clothes before she got out. I heard the footsteps getting close to the door so I jumped at it and slammed it. I heard her squeak and hop back. "Sorry I didn’t want to see you uhm, you know. I’m just getting my clothes." I yelled. "Well that's dumb because now you have to see me in a towel when you open the door anyway." she yelled back. So this is what it's like not being an only child. I grabbed the clothes I wanted and walked to the door. "You face away from the door while I open it and then I turn away while you go in and shut the door." I said through the crack of the door. "Stop being a baby." she laughed. "I'm not coming out if you don’t and you need your clothes." I tried not to laugh. "Ugh fine!" she agreed. I counted to three and opened the door and saw her back.

   "Hey be careful there is a puddle because you made me stand here so-" I slipped and took her out. We smacked against the hard wood floor, well I did because I broke her fall. She was in a towel on top of me, how could this not be any more awkward? "Oh my god I’m so sorry, are you okay?" I chuckled as she rolled off me. "Yeah, are you okay?" she asked as I stood up. "Yeah I’m- oh god you're bleeding." I pointed at her leg. She looked down and laughed. "Yupp." she acknowledged me. I led her back into the bathroom and sat her down, I pulled out some Band-Aids. "It's really okay." she grabbed my hand and set the box down. "I don’t like that you are bleeding." "I don’t care it will stop!" This argument went on for a while. "Will you feel better if I let you put the damn bandage on?" she said. "Yeah." I replied while opening one and putting it on her leg. She got up and waddled away into my room. I turned on the water and got in, I’ve never met someone who makes me forget about Juliet.

   Baylee's POV: Amy dried my clothes yesterday so I had two outfits to choose from. I put on my black leggings, a white sweater with a bow thing in the back, and I had no shoes because my dad didn’t throw me any. I walked out of the room and back to the bathroom and knocked. "Yeah?" Andy yelled over the water. "Oh sorry." I started to walk away. "What do you need?" his deep voice shook the door. "My makeup, but I can wait." I said. "Here hold on." he said. I stood outside the door and heard him unlock it. "You can come in." I opened the door and laughed. "What?" his concern sounded real. "I just find it funny how you refused to see me in a towel, but let me do my makeup and hair while you shower." I giggled. "Yeah, cuz I’m a gentlemen. I don’t give a shit if you see me naked." he said. I rolled my eyes and started on my eyeliner.

   I just started my hair as he turned the shower off. He flung the curtain open making me gasp and turn away. "Oh yeah, I’m uh pretty confident." he wrapped the towel around his waist. "Yeah, well you should be." I blushed. He was brushing his teeth while I was straightening my hair. When he was done he looked at me. "I haven’t really introduced myself." he broke the silence. I looked at him in the mirror. "I’m A-" "Andy." I cut him off and finished his sentence. "Parents already told you about me?" he leaned against the wall. "Oh yeah. I've heard some interesting stories about you." I said making his face turn to a light red. "But that's not how I know you." I said. "I listen to your band. It just so happens I came across your parents. I don’t know how I didn’t put two and two together sooner. You’re a lot taller in person." I unplugged Amy's straightener and walked around him. "Oh yeah, I’m Baylee." I said while walking down the stairs, leaving him with a confused look on his face.