Moving On.

~7 months later.

   Baylee's POV: I walked down stairs to find something to eat, but stopped when I heard Amy on the phone. "She's okay." she said. "No one has hurt her?" she had Andy on speaker phone. "No Andy. Baylee hasn’t even went out with anyone. She got her GED and is taking online classes. What happened between you guys?" "Nothing mom. I am just worried." he said.  I smiled then stopped when I started to get upset. "You know you could text her and ask her these questions of yours." she said and made him go silent. "That’s not a good idea." he said. "Oh the guys just got here. I'll talk to you sometime soon." he hung up.

   I walked back upstairs before she noticed I was there. I haven’t talked to him in months. Why is he asking about me? What a dick. I went into the bathroom and took a shower. I was going to go out tonight. I need to move on because obviously I haven’t. I put on some eyeliner and bumped my hair. I threw on some black skinny jeans and a white crop top. I was actually somewhat happy with how I looked.

   I texted my friend I met when I was still in school because she was the one who wanted me to come out with her tonight. I walked down the stairs and Amy smiled at me when I walked into the kitchen. "Do I look okay?" I asked her looking at my outfit. "You look beautiful!" She spun me around. "Good because if it's okay I was gunna go out tonight with Kylie." I said. "Of course you can! That reminds me." She walked over to her purse and pulled out a key. "I got this for you a few days ago and forgot to give it to you." She put it in my hand. "Thank you." I smiled.

   There was honking coming from the front yard, it was Kylie. "Call me if you need me okay?" Amy gave me a nervous smile. "I will, I promise." I started walking to the door. "Wait!" she yelled pulling out her phone for a picture of me. "You act like I’m really your daughter." I laughed and smiled for a quick picture. She fixed my hair and smiled at me. "I never had a daughter to do things like this with. You practically are my daughter." she tried to laugh. "I'll see you later." I walked out of the door and ran to Kylie’s car.

   "You took forever." she started the car. "Sorry! Amy was taking pictures of me." I grinned as I buckled my seat belt. She turned on some music and it was a Black Veil Brides CD. I hated him so much, but couldn’t help my singing to the songs. I am so mad at myself for letting that make me mad tonight already. We pulled up the club and got out.

   Kylie started flirting with the security guard so we could get in faster, it worked. We entered through a black curtain and saw the flashing blue, purple, and pink lights. The music was so loud we couldn’t even hear each other. She yanked me to the dance floor and made me start dancing. The dumb thing was that we hated the music at clubs, but we danced and yelled the songs anyway. A bunch of guys were all over Kylie and every time a slow song came on, one of them would take her and dance. Actually, it didn’t matter if it was a slow song or not, they would take her to go dance all the time. I went and sat down when she got pulled away from me again.

   I pulled out my phone and saw I had a Facebook notification so I looked at it. Amy had posted the few pictures she took of me before I left and tagged me in them with the caption "You look gorgeous sweetie! Have fun tonight." I liked it and then realized about 15 other people had liked it as well. I wanted to see who did and the first person who liked it was Andy. He was just trying to get my blood boiling and oh man did it work. Then I saw he commented and said I hope I have fun. The rant in my head was interrupted by someone sitting next to me.

   "Hi." he yelled over the music. I put my phone down and looked up. "Hi." I screamed back. We started talking for a while. His name was Jaden. He was tall, had tattoo's, black shaggy hair, and green eyes. "Want to dance?" He stood up and grabbed my hand. "Sure." I agreed. We walked to the dance floor and I made sure we were next to Kylie. When she noticed I was grinding on Jaden she got excited and took a picture. She put it on Instagram and tagged me in it with the hashtag "Finally came out of her shell a little."

   Jaden gave me his number because he had to leave. Kylie and I left shortly after him and she dropped me off at home. When I opened the door my phone vibrated.

   I had a lot of fun tonight.

Me too.

Did I tell you how gorgeous you are?

No, but thanks.

No problem. What are you doing around lunch tomorrow?

Nothing that I know of.

Want to go and get something to eat? My treat.

Sounds good. :)

Pick you up around 11:30.

Okay.

   I was smiling at my phone then put it down. I changed out of my clothes and put on my batman sweat pants and a t-shirt. I laid in bed and saw the picture of Jaden and I on Instagram and rolled my eyes at Kylies comment like I did when I first saw it. I never had a shell. I fell asleep.

   ~3 AM

   My phone started ringing and I was too lazy to open my eyes to see the name before I answered it. "Are you kidding me?" "What?" I pulled my phone away and looked at the name on the screen. Fuck my life. Why me, Jesus? Why. Me.