Thank You.

Baylee's POV: Being 16 and kicked out of your house would normally be a bad thing, but I was okay with it I just have nowhere to go and it is winter. What is upsetting though is that the last memory I have of my mom and dad is them slamming the door in my face after throwing my clothes outside. Like I said I have nowhere to go because we just moved to Cincinnati and I haven't even started school yet. So I just walked for a long time until I found a bench to sleep on. I didn't sleep though, it was way too cold to be able to sleep outside.

It started to get light again so I picked up the clothes my parents threw at me and started walking again. I was walking through a small and quiet neighborhood when the snow started to fall a lot harder than it was. No one was outside, but one man who was shoveling his driveway. He stopped as I past and looked at me. I didn't realize how ridiculous I looked with leggings, a holey sweater, and wet socks on walking in the snow. I was shaking from being so cold and I'm pretty sure my lips are blue as well. I tried to wave but my arms were a little frozen. I took a step and slipped.

The man ran over to me and picked me up. "Are you okay?" he set me back on my numb feet. "Yeah I am." I brushed the snow off the front of me. "Why are you outside? Especially with clothes like that and no shoes." he asked. "Well my family just moved here and they decided to kick me out and I don't have anyone I know down here so I have been walking around all night and-" he grabbed my arm and pulled me into his house. "Amy!" He yelled. His wife walked around the corner and looked at me. "Who is this?" she smiled at me. "I'm not sure, I found her wondering outside. Her folks kicked her out last night and she said she has nowhere to go. I was thinking we could give her a place to stay for a while." He said smiling at Amy. "Of course! What's your name sweetie?" she asked taking my wet clothes out of my hands. "Baylee." I shook. "Well Baylee, I'm Amy and this is Chris. You are welcome to stay as long as you need." she said. "Thank you so much." I said still shaking. "Here let me dry your clothes why you take a hot shower to get warm." she guided me up the stairs asking me a bunch of questions.

I got out of the shower and my clothes were not done yet so I called for Amy. "Yeah?" she showed up at the bathroom door. "I thought you would take a little longer of a shower." she laughed. "You can stay in our son's room." she said leading me into his room. "He moved out a couple years ago. That reminds me, how old are you Baylee?" she asked opening a drawer and pulling out some sweat pants and a shirt. "I will be 17 in a couple months." I replied. She set the clothes in my hands and shut the door as she left.

I slid on his clothes and walked back down the stairs. "Are you hungry?" Chris asked. "Me? Oh no I'm okay." I looked at my feet. "Are you sure?" he asked again. "Yeah. Thanks though." I said back. "Mhm. you can sit you know." he laughed. I smiled and sat across from him at the table. "You know I wasn't going to help you at first. I was just gunna help you up and go back to shoveling." he said putting down his paper. "Why did you help me?" I asked pulling my knee up to my chest. "Because I saw the hurt and fear in your eyes when I picked you up." he said. I nodded and sighed. "Thank you Chris. I mean like really, thank you." I said. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "You'll be okay. I know you will. There is something about you that makes me happy you are here." he said. I smiled as a tear rolled down my cheek.

He let go of my hand and I hugged my leg that was glued to my chest. I turned my head and saw some pictures. My eyes followed the line of them and stopped at a certain picture. This can't be. They aren't... No. No. NO! NO!!