Chapter Twenty Eight

Jo watched as his son ate some pizza and drank some soda. The two of them sat quietly. Jo had been plotting about his next move for some time now, every since he had lost control and killed Shaniece. Jo felt bad about what he had done and the fact that his son had had to witness that shit. But it was life. It was what it was, and Jo could only move forward.

He planned to teach Massiah the ropes. On how to get by and how to survive. How to be his own boss. Just like him. Nobody would be able to touch Massiah and Jo's ruthless legacy would continue. "I got a lot to teach you, Siah," Jo spoke to his son. Massiah just looked at his father and nodded his head slowly. Jo knew that his kid was skeptical of him, but he understood.

It was all good, because pretty soon Massiah would learn that he could trust his pops and that his pops was the only person that he could trust. Massiah was the only person that Jo would never harm.

Jo truly had no worries about how shit would turn out. All he cared about was this problem at hand. A problem that he would've never expected to arise, from the two very people he was supposed to trust the most.
*****

"That's wassup, though. It'll probably be a good thing for Siah to be out here with you for a while," Fury commented, as he and Jo walked with Massiah through the mall. The three of them were doing some shopping.

Jo hadn't told Fury the whole truth about why Massiah was really with him. He figured he didn't have to. Fury wouldn't be alive for much longer to figure out the whole truth, anyway. Jo just concealed all his thoughts and suspicions though with a smile, continuing to play along. "Yeah. I'm happy to have my son with me," he replied.

He took note of Fury texting and shit, and inside Jo was steaming because he already knew why Fury kept checking his phone. This bitch has this nigga's nose wide open, Jo thought to himself. The same way he had been at one point in time.

Aftet hours of shopping, Jo, Fury and Massiah sat down to eat in the food court. The three of them ate some Subway. Jo decided that now was a good opportunity to bring to his son's attention, the first life lesson that he would ever teach him. "Siah, what you know about friendship?" he asked his offspring.

Chewing on his sandwich slowly, Massiah thought about the question. "Wellll," the six year old started, slowly. "I know that friends are supposed to be there for you. When you're down. They're supposed to make you happy," Massiah said. He looked at his father, wanting to know if that was a good enough answer.

Jo smiled. "Yeah, son. That's right. Your friends are supposed to be there for you and make you happy," he agreed. Fury listened to the conversation between Jo and his son, wondering where this nigga Jo was going with this. "But you know what else you're supposed to get from your friends?" Jo asked Massiah. "What else, Dad?" Massiah asked, curious. "Trust," Jo replied.

He looked over at Fury. "Like my mans right here. I know I can trust Fury with every thing I got. Ain't that right, bro?" Jo asked. He was purposely fucking with Fury's head. Feeling mad guilty, but trying to hide it, Fury nodded. "You already know, bro," he replied to Jo. Then, he looked down at his food and took another bite of his sandwich. Jo just watched him. Snake ass nigga, Jo thought to himself.
*****
Staking out in front of this apartment complex, Jo wondered who the hell lived there. Who the fuck did Kennedy know out here in Pennsylvania, that she could stay with them? He had saw Kennedy come in and out of the apartment on several different occasions, but he hadn't seen the owner of the crib, yet.

But it was all good, because he would find out soon enough. And kill that person too, if he had to. Jo sat in his car, taping the barrel of his gun against the dashboard. He contemplated what it was that he wanted to do. A part of him wanted to run up in that crib and make it rain on motherfuckers. Wet niggas the fuck up, all because he was after Kennedy.

But another part of him told him that the smarter thing to do, was to just chill out for now and let shit play out the way that they were supposed to. He knew that it was only a matter of time before he would be able to make his mark anyway. There was no need to rush because niggas times were coming. Driving off, Jo decided that he would just wait. It was all about to end. In all due time.