Chapter Thirty One

Kennedy sat on Nyasia's couch, with Wynter on her lap. She was supposed to be watching Wynter while Ny was at work. But Kennedy was having a hard time doing that, with Nekhi sitting on the opposite side of the room, on the love seat just mean mugging her.

Nekhi had been scowling at her for the past two hours, just in silence not saying nothing like a weirdo, and he was beginning to get on Kennedy's last nerve. She knew that he didn't like her and she didn't like him either. So why couldn't they just pretend that the other didn't exist?

Finally having enough of Nekhi's dumb ass, Kennedy turned to him. "Can I help you, nigga?" she asked, nastily. "Fuck you bitch," Khi spat back. "Fuck you harder!" Kennedy retorted. "I know you probably want to, you fucking smut!" Nekhi replied, venom in his tone. Kennedy sighed. "Whatever, Nekhi," she said. She wasn't trynna do this. She didn't want to go back and forth with Nekhi in front of Wynter, because she knew that it would and could get ugly. Kenny decided to just be mature and leave it alone.

But Nekhi wasn't done. He let a few moments pass, before he spoke to Kennedy again. This time though, his voice was a bit softer. "Why you let that nigga kill Blaze, Kennedy? Huh? Why you let him do that?" he asked her. Kennedy couldn't help but feel terrible. She could tell that Nekhi was hurt, she heard it all in his voice.

"I didn't mean for that to happen, Nekhi. I swear," she said to him. Kennedy felt mad uncomfortable, when she noticed tears falling down Nekhi's face. She couldn't believe this nigga was crying. All that shit he talked on a regular basis. Kennedy felt the urge to laugh in his face, but she didn't. She knew that this was a serious moment.

"He loved you, Kennedy. He loved you," Nekhi told her. Her heart began to throb. "I loved him too," she admitted, breathlessly. This seemed to piss Nekhi off. He stood up. "No the fuck you didn't love him! You don't love nobody but yourself, you grimey bitch!" Khi shouted. Now, Kennedy was tight.

Removing Wynter from off of her lap and setting the child down beside her, Kennedy stood up too. "Fuck you, Nekhi! With a sick dick! Fuck you! You're just like me! So, fuck YOU! You're just like me. How dare you criticize me?! You only love yourself, too! You're grimey, too! Look at how you treat Nyasia! Look how you violating me, talking to me crazy in front of your daughter! This is how you treat and talk to women in front of her?! Don't be surprised when Wynter grows up to be just like me, motherfucker!" Kennedy barked, pounding her chest like an angry gorilla.

That shut Nekhi up, real quick. He stood there quiet, just staring Kennedy down, angrily. She knew that she had just struck a cord with Nekhi, but she didn't care. Kennedy was tired of him always having something to say about how she was living, when he was living no better. Nekhi was just as bad as her, if not worse. At least Kennedy was real about her shit. She didn't front about the bullshit that she did.

Without another word, Nekhi grabbed his True Religion varsity and made for the door. "I'll be back a little later," he muttered before walking out. Kennedy just rolled her eyes. Nekhi was a dickhead and she wished Ny would've never gotten with his stupid ass.
*****

Kennedy stepped out of the shower and began to get ready for her date with Fury. He had arranged for a limo to pick her up from Nyasia's house and then the two of them would be on their way to the New York pier in Manhattan. There, they would then aboard a yacht and have dinner. Kennedy was ecstatic and she couldn't wait.

Nyasia watched Kennedy as she got dressed. "You need to take me shopping with you, Kennedy. Because your wardrobe has always been too sick," Nyasia complimented, as Kennedy dressed in a pale pink Givenchy evening gown.

Kennedy just giggled. "Alright, I gotchu. I would let you have a few things of mine that I don't wear anymore, but that ass is too fat to fit into any of my shit," Kenny replied. Rolling her eyes, Nyasia laughed. "Don't even fucking remind me. I hate my ass," Nyasia complained.

Kennedy sucked her teeth. "Bitch, do you know how bad I wish I had an ass? And a body like yours? Bitch, I'm shaped like a twelve year old boy!" Kennedy replied. The girls laughed hard, because they knew it was true. Kennedy was beautiful, she was fly, but she really didn't have much body. She was very slim and small, her breasts only being a mere B-cup.

Kenny looked at Nyasia and smiled. She had really missed that girl, all that time of not speaking. She was happy that she had gotten this chance to rekindle with Nyasia, because Ny truly was a great friend and an even better person. Kennedy knew that Ny would be forever blessed in life. She then thought about Tommoi.

"How's Tommoi doing?" Kennedy casually asked Nyasia, as she applied makeup to her face. Ny shrugged. "I don't know. I sent her some money last week, but I haven't heard from her since. I've been calling her to check on her, because Moi really be down. Smoking weed and shit, now. But she hasn't been answering. I hope she's okay. As a matter of fact, I'ma call her again today," Ny replied.

Kennedy was concerned. "What's been going on with her?" she wanted to know. Nyasia sighed. "Where do I start? Ms. Bernadette died. She killed herself," she revealed to Kenny. Kennedy's jaw dropped. "Ms. Bernadette killed herself?!" she repeated in horror. She couldn't believe it. Kennedy would've never seen that coming! Especially being that Ms. Bernadette had been so into the Lord.

Nyasia nodded her head. "Yeah, girl. She killed herself. And Moi has been a wreck ever since. Not to mention that Lok had went to jail, Tommoi was pregnant and then she gave the baby up for adoption," Nyasia also updated. Damn! Kennedy thought. And she had thought that she had been going through it. She shook her head in disbelief.

Kenny would've never imagined that Tommoi would start going through it like that. And just to think that she had been envious of the girl for so long. Moi had always had it all together. Now, look. Just goes to show that there was never a good reason to be jealous of anyone.

Kennedy hoped that her old friend was alright. And she also hoped that one day, they could possibly reconcile their friendship, the way that she and Nyasia had. It was sad to say that it would never happen, though. There was just not enough time.

Kennedy looked at herself in the mirror, finally done with her outfit. She knew she looked amazingly beautiful and she just couldn't wait for Fury to see her in the gown. She wondered what he was wearing. She knew that whatever he had on, he would be looking good enough to eat.

Kennedy heard her phone go off, telling her that she had a text. She grabbed it and opened the message up. The text was from Fury. It read: Change of plans, baby. The limo will be there waiting for you. I won't be in it. The driver is gonna drop you off at my house first. Just come on in. I have a surprise for you.

Kennedy's heart doubled over with glee. Fury was so romantic. She'd never had anyone be so thoughtful to her. So spontaneous and surprising. Pretty soon, she just knew that she was gonna be poppin' out kids for Fury. As soon as we figure out a way to take Jo outta the picture, Kenny thought. She heard a car honk outside and knew that it was the limo. She jumped up and down delighted, like a young girl going on her first date.

Nyasia laughed behind her. "Kenny, you going out on a date or to your prom?" she joked. Kennedy just smiled. "I don't know. Walk me to the door?" she requested. Nyasia got up and together, they walked to the front.

"You really look amazing," Nyasia told Kennedy, before she walked out of the door. And she did. She was glowing and she had beated her face to perfection. Her long dark hair was piled onto the top of her head in a neat french twist. Kennedy's Stuart Weitzman heels were sparkling, nice brand new and fresh out the box.

Kennedy smiled. "Thanks Ny. I love you, girl. Goodnight," she said. "Bye Kenny. Love you too," Ny said back. And then Kennedy left.