Chapter Thirty Two

Nekhi made his way back over to Nyasia's crib, from the studio. He had been staying there at the studio, which was actually a studio apartment that he rented. But he made sure to go to Nyasia's house frequently. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with his girl (Nyasia was still his girl in his mind) and his baby. Especially after the decision he was about to make and purchase he had made just that day. He had been in the studio contemplating everything for hours and he had finally made up his mind.

Even though Nyasia was letting him into the house, she still wasn't really fucking with him like that. And Nekhi was becoming very insecure about her feelings towards him. But he would find out tonight. He had been at the jewelry store all day, looking for the perfect ring for Ny.

It was time to make shit right. What Kennedy had said to him earlier that day, had really hit a nerve. And it bothered him that Kennedy had made a point. Nekhi didn't appreciate being read to filth by some grimey ass hoe. So, Khi decided that it was time to clean up his act for real, for real.
*****

Nekhi knocked on Nyasia's door and she let him in. Khi was happy to see that Kennedy wasn't there. He didn't know why Ny had that bitch staying with her in the first place. Nekhi saw that Ny was getting ready to get into the shower, so he decided to wait until she got out, before he popped the question.

While Nyasia was in the shower, Nekhi took that opportunity to sit with Wynter and talk to her about a few things. She was only one and a half, so couldn't really understand much, but Nekhi thought that perhaps she would be able to process his words in her subconscious. Maybe what he had to stay would always stay with her and make sense one day.

Khi sat on the couch and picked Wynter up, sitting her on his lap. "Babygirl, you know Daddy loves you right?" he asked her. Wynter just looked up at her father, her eyes big and innocent. "I'll do anything for you. I'll kill for you and I will die for you because my love for you is that unconditional," he said.

Wynter began to fidget in Nekhi's lap, trying to get down. She could never stay still. But Nekhi turned her to face him some more, because he wanted her to hear what he had to say. "Babygirl, I'm sorry that I haven't been the best father to you. I've been okay, but I know that I can be much better.

I won't let the streets and other women consume me no more. I've told your mother this so many times, but maybe the person I should be saying all this to is you. Wynter Madelyn Perry, you are the most important girl in my life. You are my little lady. And I promise Daddy is gonna make everything right. I'ma marry your mother and show you the way a man is really supposed to treat a woman," Nekhi vowed. He then dug into his back pocket and pulled out a ring case.

Opening it, he showed a curious Wynter what was inside. There sat a platinum Infinity Twist Micropavé Diamond Engagement Ring. It was 3.15 carat ring, which had cost him $34,057.00 to be exact. Wynter reached for the ring, wanting to play with it. "You think Mommy will like this?" Khi asked his daughter. She looked at her father with a sweet smile. "No!" she replied.

Nekhi couldn't help but laugh at his young daughter. "Yeah. I think she'll like it, too," he replied. He heard the shower water in the bathroom shut off and he knew that Nyasia would be out there soon. Nekhi took a deep breath and waited for his better half. He could only hope that she accepted his proposal. Well, Khi thought. Here goes nothing.