Chapter Fifteen

Placing an earring in each ear, Nyasia checked herself out in the mirror. She thought she looked okay, but to be honest, Ny wasn't even really too excited about this date with Nekhi. They were going to this restaurant called "Apollo" and it was pretty fancy and stuff, but Nyasia didn't even give a fuck. She was just curious to meet this "friend" Nekhi had coming over to watch her baby.

Wynter sat behind her on the bed with her shirt off, sucking juice out of a sippy cup, her pamper all sagging with piss. Let me change this girl, Nyasia thought to herself, as she went to go grab a new diaper and some wipes. Already knowing what time it was, Wynter tried to make a run for it. The one year old didn't like anything that had to do with her being held down.

That meant getting her diaper changed, taking baths, getting her hair done and being fed. Nope. Wynter wasn't with none of it. Nyasia couldn't help but laugh at her bad ass baby. She gets that shit from Nekhi, Ny thought to herself. She chased after Wynter, the way she did every day and picked her up. "Come and change your pamper, little girl," Nyasia said. "No!" Wynter exclaimed.

Laying Wynter on the bed and getting started with her pamper, Ny allowed herself to ponder what she wanted to order that night. I should make Nekhi's ass buy me a damn steak, she thought. Nyasia was so sick of him these days. He was just too much.

Just as Nyasia finished with Wynter's pamper, she heard the doorbell ring and she listened to the sound of Khi's footsteps in the living room, heading over to the door to open it. Nyasia made her way out front to meet this mysterious "babysitter".

Standing in her front hallway was a very tacky looking female and Nyasia's internal slut detector instantly went off. "Baby, this is my artist Krystal Klaire I've been telling you about. Krystal, this is my girl Ny," Nekhi introduced the two, sounding like an Oscar award nominee. Nyasia knew his ass wasn't to be trusted at all and she wasn't fooled by his attempt at making a formal introduction.

Looking the chick up and down, Nyasia took in Krystal's attire. She wore a cute "True Religion" sweat suit in a light lavender color. Nyasia found it real funny how Nekhi had purchased her the exact same one in a pink color, just a month before. Red flags were going up in Ny's head OD.

You see, Nyasia might've been blinded by love, but she was not dumb. She knew her man, she knew that he was triflin' and she knew that women were even worse. Hence, why she didn't fuck with too many. Her only two friends had only ever been Tommoi and Kennedy and well... You know. Nyasia's intuition was kicking in like crazy at this point, but she decided to play along.

She shook the hand that Krystal held out to shake. "Nice to meet you," Ny said to Krystal, a fake smile painted onto her face. Krystal smile back just as fake and Nyasia knew it. She was a woman, so she knew when another bitch was being phony. "Nice to meet you, too," Krystal said back. "I'm going to go get Wynter," Nyasia then said, turning to walk away.

As she turned, she peeped Krystal give Nekhi a flirtatious grin. It was over. Without warning, Nyasia spun back around and drew her fist back, punching Krystal directly into her face. Krystal's head flew backwards, her jaw dropped in surprise, as blood trickled down from her bottom lip and onto her chin.

Nyasia was surprised at how good that had felt, but she wasn't done. "Bitch, you think you fuckin' slick?! You think I can't see that you fuckin' my man?!" Ny shouted. She went for Krystal again, clawing her face with her long nails, and going to work, punching her out. "Baby, chill! Chill! It's not even like that! You wildin'! Chill!" Nekhi was saying, trying to pry Nyasia off of his side chick.

But Nyasia was going in. She wouldn't stop punching Krystal and Krystal was trying her best to get some good hits in on Nyasia, too. She managed to rip Nyasia's shirt and scratch Ny's arms. But Nyasia was certainly winning the fight. She pinned Krystal up against the wall and decked her again and again and again. "Bitch, you really thought you was gonna come up in my crib and watch over my baby?! Bitch, you got me fucked up!" Nyasia hollered. She punched Krystal, some more.

"Nekhi, get this heifer off me!" Krystal shouted for Khi's help, between the blows that had her head spinning and her vision blurry. Nekhi was finally able to get Nyasia off, after Ny snatched several tracks out of Krystal's head. "Cheap ass fuckin' hair! You wack ass bitch!" Nyasia yelled. Nekhi stood between his girl and his sidechick, looking at them both in bewilderment. He clearly had no idea that shit was gonna blow up in his face like this.

Disgusted with him too, Nyasia didn't hesitate to send a hard punch to his face, as well. "And you can get the fuck out, too!" Nyasia yelled, mad. Nekhi was truly buggin' and out of line for real now. He had violated to the tenth power. Having your side bitch look after your kid? Where was that written down in the "Dog Nigga Handbook"? Khi was on some other shit and Nyasia was done with it all.

"You really was gonna have this bitch watch our daughter? Are you kidding me, Nekhi?!" Nyasia cried, incredulously. Nekhi was stuck and didn't know what to say. He stammered, looking for the proper words to say. "N-nah. It's not even l-like that, Ny! I sw-swear, she's just my fr-friend!" he tried to lie. But Nyasia could see right through him with her eyes closed. She hit him in his face, again. "Fuck you, Nekhi! Get out of my crib, you fuckin' liar! Go home with your friend then! Because your ass is now homeless and single!" she hollered.

Turning back to Krystal, Nyasia balled her fists up again, wanting to fight some more. Nekhi prevented her from doing so, by holding her down. Khi looked at Krystal. "Go wait in the car," he instructed her. Krystal quickly got her ass up out of there. Ny was trying her hardest to get Nekhi off of her. "Get off me Nekhi!" she yelled at him.

He finally did and Nyasia looked at him, her facial expression hard. There wasn't even a tear in her eye. She wasn't hurt, she wasn't sad, she wasn't devasted. She was just angry and fed up. Nyasia was tired of Nekhi and his shit. "Nekhi, get out. And please do not come back," she said to him, quietly. "Ny, just hear me out," he tried. But he could tell by her tone, that something was different. Something had changed. She had changed and it was then, that Nekhi knew that he had really fucked up for real.

His heart finally broke, as it sunk in that he was about to lose his rider for good this time. Nyasia walked to the door and held it open for Nekhi, waiting for him to walk out. His heart beating fast, Nekhi tried to smoove talk his way out of this. Nyasia would forgive him. She just had to. She always did. But didn't he know that all women eventually got tired? Shit, if he didn't before, he did now. Nyasia's demeanor and the calm tone of her voice told it all.
"Nyasia, baby. Please don't do this. I love you," he begged her, his voice cracking in his throat. He was terrified of what life was going to be like without Nyasia. Ny looked Nekhi straight into his eyes. And with confidence she replied, "I'm sorry. But love no longer lives here, Nekhi. Goodbye."