Chapter Thirty Three

Now, as Nekhi prepared to propose to Nyasia; back in New York, Lok sat at Subway on Gunhill, right across from the girl he had met at the jewelry store. She had indeed called him that same day, just to tell him that he did not have to pay for her purchases. She had bought her own shit, took his money and returned it to him. O-Lok was feeling that. Now, he was really trynna get to know her.

Her name was Tia and she was in the real estate business. O-Lok was feeling that. Grown woman shit. "So, how can a hood nigga like me, find himself in the arms of an independent woman like you?" Lok asked, as he sipped on his iced tea. He was flirting with her and Tia knew it. She blushed. "I don't know," said Tia. "Show me what nobody else has shown me before," she added. O-Lok liked the sound of that. He knew that he could show her more than a few thangs.

In the middle of their conversation, O-Lok saw through the restaurant window someone that looked very familiar. Lok squinted to get a better look at the very skinny female, and his heart caught in his throat when he realized who the chick was. Tommoi. She was skinny, her weave was matted and she looked terrible.

Feeling a sense of obligation, O-Lok stood up from his seat abruptly and made for the door. "Where are you going?" Tia asked him, startled as to why Lok had gotten up so suddenly. But O-Lok didn't even bother to answer, he made his way out of Subway and ran after his ex. "Tommoi! Tommoi!" O-Lok shouted after her.

Tommoi turned, and her eyes widened upon seeing O-Lok. She turned back around and then started running at top speed down the block. O-Lok sped up his pace. The drugs might've had Moi running fast, but O-Lok had been a track star during high school. Tommoi wasn't faster than him.

O-Lok finally caught up to her and he grabbed her, turning her around to face him. O-Lok's heart shattered to tiny little pieces looking into Tommoi's face. She looked horrible and Lok felt all the way responsible. This is what she had turned to? She was hurting while I was locked up. He couldn't help but to break down crying, as he pulled Moi into a bear hug. She had told him. Several times to do right and stay out of the streets because she needed him. And he didn't listen. Now, she was all caught up.

"Baby, what you did to yourself?" he asked her, as tears fell down into her old, smelly and nasty weave. "Why you doing this to yourself, baby? Why?" Lok cried. Tommoi was his first love and the mother of his baby, that he loved very much. He was hurt to see Moi like this.

"C'mon, Tommoi. Let me take you home," O-Lok said, trying to pull Tommoi to his car. He was shocked to see that she fought against him. "No, Omar! No! Let me go!" Moi protested. O-Lok kept pulling. "What the fuck, Omar?" came Tia's voice from behind him. O-Lok spun around. He had forgotten all about her.

"Did you really just leave me to attend to some drug addict?" Tia demanded. O-Lok looked at Tia, a pleading look on his face. "Tia, this is my daughter's mother. She needs my help," he let her know. Tia gave O-Lok a disgusted look. "This is your baby's mother?" she asked, her nose turned up.

O-Lok just ignored her, still pulling on Tommoi. At this point, he no longer gave a fuck about Tia. Tommoi needed his help and he was gonna help her. "Let's go, Moi. We gonna get you help. Don't worry. Everything is gonna be alright."

O-Lok was a man that any woman would be lucky to have. His loyalty and devotion to Tommoi overpowered any ill feelings he may have had towards her in the past. Once O-Lok loved, he loved. And he had the type of love that was forever. He was gonna get Tommoi the help that she needed. If it was the last thing that he did.