Chapter Twenty Four

Kennedy stepped out of the shower and then she got dressed, still in the bathroom. She was very thankful for the fact that Nyasia was allowing her to stay with her at her place. She knew that Ny could have easily said no. But the best part was that now, she could spend time with Fury, without having to worry about getting caught.

Yup. Fury was on his way to pick her up right then and they were going to catch a movie, then go for dinner. Kennedy looked forward to the date. She realized that she hadn't gone on one in a while and that was ashame being that she was a "married woman". Kennedy rolled her eyes. Fuck Jo, she thought. I hate him. But as soon as she thought it, she shook her head and told herself not to think like that.

Jo had made her life a living nightmare, this was true. But Kennedy felt that allowing herself to hate him was giving him way too much power. Power that he did not deserve to have over her.

Kennedy decided that from that day forward, she would say that she felt "indifferent" towards him. Jo was a monster, Jo was an animal and Jo was a demon. But that had nothing to do with her. Jo was only creating his own karma. Her reaction created hers and Kenny knew that hating anyone never brought back good karma.

Once she was ready, Kennedy walked out into the living room, where Nyasia sat reading a book to Wynter. When Ny got a look at Kennedy, she let out a low whistle. "Okayyyyy, sexy mama!" she said. "You sure you just going to the movies?" she then asked. Kennedy laughed. Ny was being dramatic because Kennedy wore an above the knee nude colored dress from Vera Wang. The dress hugged Kenny's petite body like a glove and on her feet were a pair of Giuseppe Zanottis. Kennedy might've been going through a difficult time, but she was still the same fly bitch that she would always be.

Kennedy knew that she was probably a little over dressed for just a dinner and movie, but she felt like she should enjoy this night. This would be her first night out, in the company of someone who clearly respected her as a human being. Because Jo's ass had clearly forgotten that she was a person. Kennedy shook her head. I need to stop thinking about him, she thought. That's all over now. He's in the past.

Kenny looked down at her phone, when she heard the chime telling her that she had just gotten a text. Kennedy knew that her days having a phone were numbered now, because she was sure that Jo was gonna have her shit cut off soon. She saw the text from Fury, telling her that she was just outside.

With a wide smile, Kennedy made for the door after telling Nyasia bye. "Okay, now. Don't you be doing nothing I wouldn't do," Ny teased. Kenny rolled her eyes playfully. "Don't worry. I'll behave," she said, playing along making Nyasia laugh.

Stepping outside, Kennedy took in a breath of the fresh and crisp night air. She spotted Fury's car parked on the curb, waiting for her. With a bunch of confidence, Kennedy walked on over and got in on the passengers seat. When she was inside the car, Fury got a good look at her. He smirked. "You look sexy," he complimented her. Kennedy just blush and then she kicked herself, telling herself to stop. Blushing, being shy and modest. Who the hell was she becoming?

Fury started his car and pulled off. They were both ready to go on their date. Neither one of them had noticed the car that was parked just on the other side of the street. Watching them.
*****
Letting out one loud moan as she climaxed, Kennedy laid back onto the pillow in the bed of the hotel room, that Fury had booked for the two of them. They had had a wonderful night out and Kennedy couldn't have imagined a better way to finish it off, than with some mind-blowing sex. Kenny had forgotten how much she loved to fuck.

The area between her legs were still hot and sticky and she knew that in a minute, she was gonna wanna go another round with Fury again. This had been their first time having sex, but their sexual chemistry was out of this world and they fucked like they had been doing so for years.

Kennedy looked at him. "Who taught you how to fuck like that?" she asked him, seriously. Fury just laughed and he shrugged. "I don't know, experience I guess," he said, being modest. That had to be Kenny's favorite thing about Fury. He was so humble.

Kennedy had never dealt with someone like him before. Even Blaze had been a little cocky. She had always heard that saying "you are what you attract", and Kennedy had found it ironic that she had dealt with both Blaze and Jo during some of her most arrogant and conceited phases in life. Now that she had been through some real traumatic shit, Kennedy knew that she was maturing and getting a lot more wiser. Now, she had met Fury, who was the epitome of those two things. The timing couldn't have been more perfect.

"It's so crazy how shit happens," Kennedy commented, as Fury pulled her close to him, wrapping her up in his arms. "What you mean?" he asked, curious. "I mean, just a year ago you were driving me to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, so I could smuggle drugs to Baltimore for Jo. I didn't like you then. I thought you were annoying. But... now look at us," she said.

Fury thought about it, nodding his head. "Word. I ain't like you that much, either. I thought you was a bitch and I thought you were using my bro," Fury replied. Kennedy rolled her eyes. "I really wish that you would stop referring to him as you brother," she stated. "He is," Fury said back. "He is not," Kenny insisted.

Fury was patient with her though and he argued his point, respectfully. "He is though, Kennedy. And I'm honestly breaking the code heavy by being up in this bed with you," Fury let Kenny know. Kennedy rolled her eyes. She still hadn't lost her ability to become snappy, if the wrong words had been said. "So why are you in this bed with me?" she queried.

Fury looked at Kennedy with his adorable smile and Kennedy felt herself grow weak inside. She wondered if this was what Nyasia had used to talk about, whenever she said she couldn't explain how Nekhi made her feel. "Because I love being with you. You can't blame a nigga for loving your vibe," he said to her seriously. And just like that Kennedy was sold. She initiated a long kiss with Fury and then the two of them, fell into another round of intense and passionate sex.