Other Prompts- Alone Together/The Fag Swag #2

Prompt- Alexis and Jonas meet Nick and Phil...

----------------------------------------------------

​Jonas and Alexis were sitting on a park bench, watching Micah as he shyly played with some kids he knew from school. It made Alexis happy to see Micah making friends.

​Jonas locked his fingers together with Alexis's as they sat together. It was a nice day out and the bench was shaded by nearby trees.

​"Excuse me?"

​The two looked up at an attractive teenager. "Do you mind if we sit here?" he asked, pointing at the empty space on the bench.

​"Sure," Jonas said with a friendly smile, moving closer to Alexis to give them room.

​"Thank you. I'm Nick, by the way," he said. There was a boy standing behind him that Alexis found himself staring at.

​There was something eerily familiar about the boy. Something in his facial structure that seemed familiar, though Alexis was positive he had never seen the boy before.

​"Why are you staring at me?" the boy demanded angrily, glaring at Alexis.

​And the angry set to those familiar features locked it in place for Alexis. Ace. This boy looked eerily similar to Ace. But surely he couldn't be...

​"You just look familiar. I'm sorry," Alexis said, voice as polite as always.

​But he couldn't help it as he kept stealing glances at the boy. He was more built than Ace was, with hair that looked undecided between brown and blond. There were so many ways that he wasn't Ace.

​And yet, his face was structured exactly the same as Ace's. Alexis would know. How many times did he have to stare down Ace to get him to back off or calm down? How many times had he seen Ace's face contort into the same sharp, angry features that had been on this boy's face just moments ago? And this boy was about the right age...

​"Alexis." Jonas shook Alexis's arm a little. "Are you okay? You look distracted."

​"I'm fine," Alexis said.

​"Phil, sit," Nick said, tugging his down.

​Phil. So it really was Ace's younger cousin. One of the reasons Ace had run away from home was literally glaring at Alexis.

​"Phil, stop glaring at him! Oh my lanta, I am so sorry he's rude," Nick said, laughing nervously.

​"He's staring at me. Do I need to make you stop?" Phil growled, holding up a fist. His anger was just as easily triggered as Ace's. "Why do you keep fucking staring at me?"

​"You remind me of my friend Ace," Alexis said, curious about Phil's reaction. Of course he would never tell Phil where Ace was. Or tell Ace that he had seen Phil.

​Phil's anger drained away into childlike confusion. "Ace?" He glared again. "My mom said she'd punish me if I ever talked about Ace."

​"Who's Ace?" Nick asked in confusion.

​"I'm not supposed to talk about Ace. My mom said he's a very bad son for what he did," Phil said, eyes daring Alexis to challenge that.

​Alexis couldn't quite get a reading on how Phil felt about his cousin. Did he hate Ace? Miss him? Alexis didn't know, but he didn't like being around someone as unstable as this kid.

​"Sorry for bringing it up." Alexis stood up, pulling Jonas with him.

​The two walked away, over to where Micah was playing with his friends. "Who was he?" Jonas asked.

​"Ace's younger cousin. Don't tell Ace we ran into him. I have a feeling that it would be disastrous if they ran into each other," Alexis said.

​Nick turned to Phil as the two walked away from the bench. "Phil, who was he? And who is Ace?"

​"I don't know who that asshole was." Phil glared at the ground, grabbing Nick's hand. "Mom said not to talk about Ace. Especially not around my Uncle. Ace was a very, very bad boy. Mom said my Uncle should've punished Ace more."

​"Was it your cousin?" Nick asked.

​Phil nodded. "I don't want to talk about him, Nick!"

​Nick raised his hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, we don't have to talk about him. Come on; it's a nice day. Let's just enjoy it." He kissed Phil's cheek, hoping that Phil wouldn't stay moody for the rest of the day because of this.