Other Prompts- Galen/Liam #7

Prompt: Could you do one where Liam first discovers his feelings for Galen? I'm curious to see how that would be :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Galen! Are you coming over?” I asked, going over to him.

                “Yea,” he said, shutting his locker and slinging his bag over his shoulder. “I’m riding with you, right?”

                “Obviously,” I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the school.

                We went down to the cars and he got in mine. I pat the steering wheel fondly and grinned at him.

                “Isn’t it nice? Just had some work done on it,” I said.

                “It’s just a car,” he said, buckling his seatbelt. “But I guess it’s a nice car.”

                “It’s a very nice car,” I said. “You’re so offensive!”

                “Oh, just drive,” he said, rolling his eyes.

                I started driving and we sat in comfortable silence. People always wondered how Galen and I could be best friends. I was loud and cocky, and he was quiet and shy. But we had been best friends since we were little kids, and I couldn’t imagine my life without Galen.

                I pulled into my driveway and led Galen inside. We went up to my bedroom and I collapsed on my bed. Galen sat down, leaning against my pillows.

                “Let’s get our work done and then we can play video games or something,” he said, pulling his notebooks out.

                I lazily dumped my notebooks onto my bed and flipped open my math notebook. I looked over the homework problems and sighed as I got to work on them.

                “Galen!” I said after a few minutes.

                “Hm?” He didn’t look up from his notebook.

                “I don’t understand this. Help me,” I said, pointing at the problem I was working on.

                He set his notebook down and leaned over, looking at the problem. He took the pencil from my hand and erased all the work I had done for the problem.

                “You did it wrong,” he said.

                “Well duh. That’s why I didn’t get an answer,” I said.

                “Do it like this.” He started writing, slow so that I could watch him.

                But I was looking at his face. He looked so focused while he worked. Galen was usually reserved, which always made me laugh since he used to be loud and hyper when we were younger. But when his brother and sister moved out, Galen started getting quieter.

                His frosty blue eyes were focused on the math page. His hair was getting long, I noticed. It tumbled down against his forehead, which was weird since Galen usually kept it short.

                He looked like a damn model. His plain gray shirt hugged his figure just right, and his jeans did wonderful things for his ass.

                Who, whoa, whoa.

                Why was I looking at Galen like that?

                I shook my head and watched him do the math problem. When he was finished, he leaned back.

                “Do you understand now?” he asked, that Russian accent of his tainting his words.

                “I understand,” I mumbled, watching him lean back.

                I understood what was happening just fine. I was getting a crush on my best friend.

                “Galen,” I said, and he looked over at me.

                “What?” he asked.

                “Your hair is getting long,” I said.

                He ran a hand through it. “I know. I’m getting it cut in two days,” he said.

                “Galen,” I said.

                “What?” he asked, raising an eyebrow, looking absolutely adorable and sexy all at once.

                “You’re really cute,” I said simply, watching the blush come to his face before smirking and turning my attention back to my work.