Now You See Me, & Now You Don't

Ben and Chloe headed to the hospital in Chloe's 2023 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. It was a gift Leo bought for her when she was promoted that year. Ben felt awkward being there in a car so expensive again, in his new life he was not poor, but he was also not rich just yet. But he felt comfortable being there with his little sister listening as she told him about her life and all she had done to come up in the company. She started in the mail room while she was in high school, she didn't want to work in the shop with Ricky working on as the manager.

She told of how she dated two guys in high school and one turned out to be a jerk who thought he could get free sex, and that ended with Leo's body guard having to escort him from the mansion. The next guy Fred was different, he was a year younger and came from a broken home, but he really liked her and was very respectful. They dated through her final year of high school and unfortunately broke up, when he got accepted to a college far away. She also participated in Track & Field while in high school, and even won several awards for her skill at long jumping. With that combined with her moderate GPA of 3.45 and she was the adoptive daughter of Leo Boykevich she was accepted to the University of California, along with Ethan who got a scholarship for his music when he joined the band, and school choir.

She let Ben know that since both she and Ethan had troubled lives, and she and Kathy were both friends, they became fast buddies. Ethan lost his virginity to Kathy his last day of high school since Kathy wanted to make sure he didn't just have sex, that he made love. Chloe said she had never had anything or known anything like that, but she figured it out when she and Ethan started to get closer while they were in school together, but neither allowed anything to happen until he and Kathy resolved their relationship. She looked at Ben as she told him that, and wondered if he had met someone to teach him that meaning. In her heart she never believed that Amy, Adrian, Grace, Ricky, Omar would ever know the difference between having sex and making love.

Chloe: So have you found anyone in all the time you've been gone?

Ben: Chloe remember when I told you there were some things I could tell you, and some things that I couldn't.

Chloe: Yeah.

Ben: Well, that is one of the things I can't tell you.

Chloe: Ben, I'm your sister.

Ben: Yeah, and I'm still your older brother who has secrets he would like to keep, and I don't feel as comfortable discussing my personal life with my little sister.

Chloe: Ben we're both adults, and I'm pretty sure I probably no more about sex than you. (smirking)

Ben: Chloe I know you have probably come to terms with your past, but I haven't. That part of your life will always make me uncomfortable. But I can tell you I'm not as inexperienced as I used to be.

Chloe: Oh, did Benny become a player while he was away.

Ben: (cringed at that version of his name, what Adrian called him) Please, never call me that again. And I don't like to kiss and tell.

Chloe: (smiling) So, my big brother is all grown up now.

Ben: I was always grown up Chloe, I just decided to start acting like it.

Chloe: So, what has brought on this change. (wondering how her brother was so different)

Ben: I learned that life will give you problems, and it will reward you sometimes for how you deal with those problems. I also learned that the saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true.