Have a Little Faith In Me

After Ben returned to the mansion Leo was up and asked about how the evening went.  Ben let him know that it went well, and they all had a great time.  He also let Leo know that Karen would be leaving in the morning to return to duty, and he and Sarah would be moving into the hotel.  Leo insisted that they could stay, but Ben refused.  He then took Sarah up to bed, and tucked her in, and made the same prayer he did the night she came.

After Ben left Vincent, 3-Jay, Karen, Jack, Clementine, Lauren, Madison, Chloe, Ethan, and Zoey all stayed for drinks, and to get to know one another.  Jack, and Madison told them of their story, and all the parts about Grace, and her exes and how it all led back to them being the one for each other.  Karen thought it was a weird story and in a way it reflected easily off of Ben's.  Jack let them know it kind of did, like Ben he was weirdly obsessed with Grace, and that made him think what he felt for her was love, when it was just a desire to believe that first love was real love.  

Zoey was very impressed with how they found their way back t each other after meeting up with one another at a game that Jack's school played against Brown University.  At the time Madison was dating one of the other players, but after losing to Jack he became angry and rough with Madison at an after party.  Jack was at the party that night, and saw the whole event took place after Madison congratulated him.  Jack being Jack intervened which caused a large fight, and almost riot between his team, and the Brown University team.  Madison called her father who helped Jack get out of jail, and was grateful how he helped his daughter.  Before Jack left Madison and he said goodbye, and both shared a passionate kiss with one another that rekindled the already smoldering fire that burned between both.  Needless to say both Jack, and Madison transferred to New York  University the following year, with Leo's help and influence.

Vincent thought it was a great story that he and Madison could tell their daughter one day.  Clementine then asked about Vincent and if he had a love story to tell, but Vincent let her know he hadn't been that lucky in love or as unlucky in love as Ben.  Zoe who hadn't heard the story of how Ben met Claire, and neither had Clementine so Karen told them of all the details they knew.  As they were all talking Madison asked them how Ben met 3-Jay, and Vincent.  Seeing as they had all become well acquainted, they decided to trust them with Ben's past life with them as long as they didn't tell too many people. After being told all Ben had been through neither Madison, Lauren, Clementine, or Zoey could understand how Ben could leave his life with Leo to go through all that.  However Ethan, and Chloe understood perfectly why Ben left, sometimes no matter how much money you have or what you have if you aren't happy there is no point.  When a person reaches that place where they have lost all hope they either leave that place, or risk losing their soul.  

But the one thing Madison couldn't understand was why Ben was so angry at Leo, to all of them he was a great man, Jack, Lauren, and even Zoey agreed with this.  But this time it was Clementine who understood.  She knew exactly how Ben felt since her father was a great husband, and father to his three step children, but he literally abandoned both she and her mother.  Some men are great to other's, but at the same time can be cruel to their own family.  In many situations they do this unknowingly.  Leo probably thought he was just helping everyone, but in the process it was easy to see that all he did to help everyone was embarrassing, and hurting Ben.  Ricky is a good person, but he was not Leo's son, even though she really liked Ricky, and once upon a time almost fell in love with him.  But in the end when you look at him and all the damage he, Amy, and Adrian caused to so many, and how unapologetic they are about everything.

 Some understand how Ben wanted to leave, and why he was angry at Leo.  Ben may have been rich, but to Ben Ricky already had more than most.  He had two parents, that loved him, and siblings.  He also had great looks, and a sharp mind.  Ben was wealthy, and from her understanding Amy, Adrian, Henry, Alice, Omar, their parents, and even Jack and Madison themselves took advantage of Ben.  Even Leo took advantage of Ben unknowingly.  Everyone even Chloe was surprised she would say that, but Karen, Vincent, and 3-Jay totally agreed with her.  They explained Leo was the type of person that took the nickname he was given to seriously, he thought he was a king, and tried to be a good king.  But he wasn't a king he was just a business owner, and Ben's father that was all.  His first responsibility was to his son, and no one else.  But Leo pressured Ben to be friends, with all of these people without realizing that friendship is a two way street, and none of them not even Henry, and Alice were truly friends to Ben in the end.  Instead of realizing that they wronged Ben even more than he did them, or even why Ben did some of the things he did, he put all the blame on his son, and thought he should pay for it.  In truth none of them had for Ben what they had, and that is what makes people true friends and family.  Jack, Madison, Lauren, and even Chloe were confused what they were talking about.