THE COMPROMISE

After Ben left Adrian, he jogged to his hotel and ate, got showered and changed then headed to his father's wearing the a pair of blue jeans and a button down collared shirt.  Speaking with his family in Montana was difficult they had not expected his trip to be extended, worst off,  not knowing if he would be home for Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  The arguments he had were erratic, but in the end they all came to an understanding.  His family did not like him being there, nor did they like Leo and considering how Ben told them the entire truth of all the events that occurred they all worried if him being there would have a problem on his already fragile state of being.

  Many would expect that after hearing about Ricky's childhood, as well as Amy, and Adrian's lives there would be sympathetic, but unlike the other's Ben's family saw with the eyes of a blind man.  Unlike some they could feel a story not see it.  They felt the pain, the anger, the embarrassment, the loss, and the degradation Ben endured.  All of them did research on everyone from Ben's father to Omar, and they had complete access to a sizable chunk of all their personal history.  What they discovered still did not deter their interpretation of any of them. 

 They felt Leo was a bigger fool than Ben, and to them considering his relationship with Ben's mother, and his lack of education they determined he was just the luckiest idiot in the world.   When it came to Ricky they felt that he was a victim that turned into a victimiser, who then turned into a con artist.  They felt no sympathy for him or his childhood because they sympathized with the many other women whom Ricky treated like Amy who did not have  a Ben Boykewich like Amy and Adrian.  As for Amy they all determined her to be just selfish, this was a summarization they got from her sister.  Adrian was even worse, to them she like everyone else.  She had a choice in how she dealt with much of the struggles she had to endure, and found no excuse for her behavior as Ben's wife, and the mother of their late child.  

As for Ben, they found him a complete FOOL,  one with a heart of gold, but still a fool.   However they understood all he did was to help people he cared for, even though it took him too long to realize none of them cared as much for him at all.  They understood that Ben allowed Leo's influence to overcome his better judgement.  Which is why many were hesitant about him returning.  However not all believed that, and some forced the other's to understand why Ben had to return to help his father.  But, him staying for so long worried them, because Ben had other issue's to consider before he made this decision, and it could have drastic consequences.  They believed Ben had already suffered enough.

Now Ben was going to see Leo to tell him what he had decided to do.......

BOYEVICH MANOR ESTATE
October 19, 2024
Tuesday 9:30 PM

Ben knocks on the door expecting to see Chloe, but finds Camille instead shocked to see him.

Camille:  Ben sweetie, I was hoping you were going to stop by.  

Ben:  Sorry I came so late, but I had some important business to attend to.

Camille:  (wanted to ask him about what it was, but decided not to pry)  It's alright come in, come in, it is chilly out there tonight. (wraps the blanket she is wearing over her arms from the chill)

Ben:  It's okay, I've been in much colder weather than this.

Camille:  Yes, Chloe told us about how you lived in the desert for a while, it must have been below zero at night.

Ben:  It wasn't pleasant, but I have been much colder than that.

Camille:  Really. (shocked to hear that news)  Well your father is still awake, I thought he would be tired by now.  But I think he knew you were going to stop by, or he wanted to talk with Chloe when she got home.