THE TROUBLE OF LOVE IS

Leo and Vincent looked at one another intently and their stares were both men staking their claim over Ben.  Leo was Ben's father by blood, bone, and birth there was not a day that passed after their argument that he didn't regret everything.  He prayed day in and day out for Ben to come back home so they could fix what ever it was that was broken in them, but Leo was a stupid, selfish man, and he was coming to that understanding.  He wanted it all he wanted to have both Ben and Ricky in his life, and after witnessing the fight outside now realized there was no reconciliation to be made between them.  Leo only had half of the story of the troubles that went on between the two, and in his part he believed that Ben was the issue.  However that was due to the fact his son was compassionate and noble, and never revealed just how underhanded and manipulative Ricky truly was.  

However Vincent had the whole story which is why he sided with Ben wholeheartedly.  Ben told Vincent the complete story from day one from his perception, and it was the most honest telling that anyone would receive.  In all points Ben admitted to all his mistakes from continuing his doomed relationship with Amy, to the real reason why he slept with Adrian, all down to the many mistakes he made after losing his daughter.  Vincent could not help but feel sorry for the young man who in all honesty needed someone on his side.   In the whole truth (my belief) Ben admitted deep down he knew Amy never really loved him that was why he continued to aske her if she did, and after so many arguments they had he began to repeat he loved her just to convince himself that he did, not to convince others.  Some even Adrian believed that he slept with her just for revenge, but that wasn't the whole truth.   The truth was he slept with her because he wanted her, and for one moment in that night he saw she wanted him.  Ben admitted he liked the feeling for being wanted, it was a feeling Amy never really gave him.  Ben didn't know if she did for real, but he gave in even if it was wrong.

Unlike everyone else in Ben's life Vincent didn't fault Ben for that.  Sleeping with someone for what ever reason is neither wrong nor right when you are only sixteen years old.  Neither he nor Adrian were married, or truly bound to anyone.  As long as both were willing to suffer the consequences that went with it, and they did from Vincent's perspective it was cruel and wrong for anyone to judge them for that.  

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  That was a central reason for my complete dislike of RAMY FANS.  You forgave Ricky for all his sexual escapades but not Ben for his.  Ricky and Adrian were not married.  Ben and Amy were not married nor in a relationship.  To continuously persecute his character for what EVERY GUY ON THIS SHOW DID was wrong on so many levels.  You horrible people claim it was wrong because they sought to hurt others', but you refuse to admit Ricky and Amy kissing was no different.  !!!THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PRACTICE KISSING THE PARENT OF YOUR CHILD!!!

Vincent felt that as a father it was Leo's job to help Ben understand that.  That it was okay to make mistakes as long as he learned from them.  But Leo in his belief continued to allow Ben to make these mistakes, as long as they helped other people.  This was the DUMBEST THING ANY PARENT COULD DO.  The mistakes Ben made hurt him on more levels than Leo cared to look at, and he had a stupid belief that it would just magically work out.  In Vincent and anyone with a sense of common humanity would determine all these people were using Ben.  Instead of Leo recognizing this he just blamed his son for all of it, and forced Ben to shoulder the blame for everyone including himself, so he could not feel the guilt.  But not anymore, not as long as he lived.  The day he met Ben he saw Ben didn't care if he lived or died.  For a man so concerned with others' Leo was a fool and an unfit parent to not see the damage they did to his son.  When he saved Ben from that mauling by El Feugo's thugs he became Ben's keeper, and he would let no one harm him.  But the damage these people did to Ben was so great it made Ben not only give up on himself it made him give up on life, and almost lose the one person who actually fixed what they broke.