背叛

it was early in the morning. the first period was music lesson. and in the light of the upcoming camp, i decided to look for joohyuk.

i was about to walk over to his table when he already exchanged seats with taehyung.

i looked at him and smiled. "uhm, i actually thought that 'some' by soyou and jungigoo is good for a duet," i said as i searched for the song.

we sorted out the parts and decided to do the rap together.

"it's great! should i go over your house for practice?" joohyuk asked.

i hesitated and remembered dad.

"ah... nah, let's just practice in school when we have the time," i said and gave him a fake smile.

"let's meet each other at the rooftop during break." he said and went back to his seat. just nice, the period was over. it's mathematics now, which means mrs lee is coming in.

after greeting her, she told us to take out her homework. homework? there's homework yesterday? oh shit. i kept looking up and down and didn't know what to do.

luckily taehyung, who was sitting beside me, didn't notice anything.

i just took out a sheet of paper and put it on my table. i didn't dare to look at her. and again there goes my addiction again. beads of cold sweats started forming on my forehead.

i was so afraid of any consequences to the point that i thought my dad might just end my life for not doing a math homework.

i'm already grounded for three days.

what do i do?

wild thoughts raced through my mind.

"yah!" taehyung shouted and grabbed my wrist. I looked up to him. nervous. very nervous.

"taehyung, please don't tell," i pleaded him while i started breathing heavily.

"yes taehyung what's the problem?" mrs lee asked and she started walking over to our table.

i shivered. no, she can't know this. she would surely tell my dad.

as soon as mrs lee walked over, taehyung held his finger and pretended that he got a paper cut. i used my pencil case to cover the blank sheet of paper. mrs lee glared at taehyung and continued the lesson.

"thank you..." i whispered. taehyung just ignored me but i heaved a sigh of relief.

it was break time!

i walked out of the classroom slowly. then there comes the class chair person running towards me.

"heeyoung, mrs lee wants to see you in the office." then he walked away. i got nervous again. is there a reason why she wants to see me?

i walked down to level 2 and here comes the office. i took a deep breath before i entered.

"mrs lee? you were looking for me?" i asked while I see soojung also standing beside her table.

"soojung you may go now." mrs lee dismissed her.

she looked at me with a type of i'm-sorry eyes and then she walked out.

"heeyoung-ah, firstly. i heard that there were blood stains on the classroom's floor. on the floor, under your desk. secondly, you didn't hand up for math homework. do you have any reasons?" mrs lee asked while looking at me into my eyes.

i was avoiding eye contact. my nails dug deep down into my thighs.

"are you alright?" mrs lee asked.