MONEY DREAM2.

For every night there are brighter days     – TUPAC

"Church, what's up? I'm on my way to work..."

"Oh oh cool, just I needed Boost but he ain't picking up and I thought you'd be home to pass on the message."

"That's because he's still asleep. Call him later...and why so early?"

"Yeah ite then. Just got a call, Talia's a little snake unah."

"I pity her when Ryan gets his hands on her; you guys have fun now, tell me about it later yeah." They both laughed.

"Alie? Ryan's always on a mad one, that n*gga loves hurting people. Anyway I'll holla at you later, Zai."

"Bye babe."

"Later."

The rest of her journey to work, Zaire sat deep in thought. She was strong but she still felt pain like any other girl did. But she refused to weaken, and break and cry, she had learned to love herself. She hated talking about her feelings, what she felt deep inside she only ever uttered them to Cory or Amaru. She always felt like calling her sister, she missed their talks but she knew her mother had changed her mobile number so she could no longer contact her. Sometimes, she worried about Amaru, because she knew she may be going through the same things she did but Zaire remembered her sister was strong, stronger than she was anyway.

"Zaire, just wanted to say congratulations on your promotion..." Kofi strolled beside her with his arms filled with a few boxes of toasters. Zaire didn't hear anything he said after that because all her mind was focused on were his lips. She watch the crust move rigidly as he spoke, and winced at how the dryness had split his pink and black lips open causing cuts and blood to show on the flesh.

"If the texture your lips were a boy, I wouldn't rate him you know...too rough..." She laughed and walked away.

"Excuse me where are your PCs? I'm thinking of getting an iMac." A customer approached her as she walked to the staff room as she had a break. She stopped to aid them.

"Oh it's on the third floor; the lift is to your right. When you get off walk straight ahead then turn to your left."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

She then walked into the staff room and retrieved her bag. She felt around for her phone and saw she had a text message from Cory.

MY MARG YH? ITE KL.

She bit her lip and smiled knowing full well that Cory was going to get her back for her loud mouth this morning. She felt no regret because he had disrespected her so he'd deserved it. She did admit to herself however that her actions were childish.

Cory woke up in the afternoon, said a quick prayer to God thanking Him for keeping him blessed, alive and healthy to see the light of another day, asking him to look after his mum who lived in America, his father who was in prison, his boys and Zaire.  He didn't dare ask God to take away the nightmares, the dark visions, the vivid black thoughts; he knew that was his portion. The curse that he had been blessed with.

He got washed, dressed himself in a full Adidas tracksuit, made himself an omelet and toast while he sat down and watched Maury.

He checked his phone and saw a missed call from his boy, Church. He'd call him later.

"Zai, thinks cus she's a boss now she can talk bad to man..." He mumbled to himself while he sent her a text. He'd remember to leave her a little surprise before she got home from work.

4.58pm. There was a knock at the door.

When no one came to the door, Krept spoke up.

"Boost, it's me."