MONEY DREAM23.

"Yes. I heard...you. C-Cory, I need to get some sleep and so do you, it's been a..." Zaire watched him closely. "...long day. Please don't, please don't..." She whispered, this time avoiding eye contact.

Cory fidgeted but said nothing; he only watched her move away from him cautiously and lay back down, wrapping the duvet around her body.

"Zai, I-"

"Cory. Spare me, can we do this tomorrow please? I'm just weak...can't take anymore of you for one day. I'm so tired...I can't keep... doing this..." Cory kissed his teeth as he fully understood that her words spoke volumes. He'd hurt her, he could literally hear evidence of this and it pissed him off completely. Zaire sighed and waited for him to leave but knew she just be watching him stand there watching her in the darkness. She closed her eyes but every now and then she'd open them and see him.

Zaire was used to his silence, it was unnerving but she was used to it. Cory stared and he couldn't speak even if he wanted to. His mind had automatically erased all he'd plan to say to her. He could only use his eyes to look at her, transfixed. The depth in his eyes, the concentration on his face conveyed his trancelike state.

"Cory?"

"Hmmm..."

"Please, just go and get some sleep. Don't you think you need it?"

Nah, Zai I need you, that's all I need you. Instead he stood there and watched her, remaining silent as though he was waiting for something to happen.

Zaire really didn't want to talk to Cory as she was still mad at him. And additionally, she was genuinely becoming sleepy. She told herself that he wasn't being fair, she snuggled to sleep and carried on trying to ignore his obvious presence.

It's like you're screaming...

It just didn't feel right. Zaire had this familiar tightness in her chest. She wanted to burst into tears and shout and scream and pound monstrously at his chest and tell him how much he'd scared her. How terrified she'd been today, how many times she felt like she was dying inside. The fear ate at her and it still was. She was so angry! She was furious at him. Today had made her realise that no matter how much Cory tried to behave like he wasn't – he was human, just like she was. Just hours ago, she thought he was going to die. The flashbacks shook her from within. Made her sick to her stomach. Just knowing people wanted to hurt Cory made her want to drop to her knees in tears.

 You almost feel ashamed

The thing about Zaire was she couldn't stay mad Cory for too long though she tried to hide this fact. They were both stubborn nevertheless.

"Zai, I'm so tired. I'm tired too I just want to sleep without being scared..." Zaire automatically softened and was saddened by Cory's frank words. She watched as he slowly limped over and lay next to her. Her body stiffened at first, she couldn't even face him. Then electricity. Zaire was breathless for a second; Cory was too close to her. She asked herself when would this tedious cycle that they called their lives stop being this way? But then the thought occurred to her that it didn't matter. Cory was alive; he needed to recover both physically and mentally. Perhaps, he would always need that support of a friend to get him through it. She didn't know. All she knew in that moment was that she cared ever so deeply for him and as always he needed comforting, or was it just care and affection?

All of a sudden, everything she'd felt previous washed away and she kissed his head and stroked his face gently, avoiding the bruises as best she could.

That someone could be that important

She didn't want to see him cry, that would break her heart was it always did. But then she didn't want to have sex with him anymore she couldn't keep doing that to her heart. She knew she needed to draw the line somewhere. So she told him to close his eyes and open them up to his imagination.

"Remember that time when we did that scam in West, I swear that was so thrilling. I kept laughing my head off wondering how you could walk to calming with grands in your pocket and also the fact that you were dress as a pregnant girl.' She chuckled, stroking the edge of his ear as his head sat on her chest.

That without them you feel like nothing

"And that time when you and Ri-"

"Zaire I know what you're thinking...don't do it." He suddenly interrupted, sitting up beside her. "I don't think you underst-"

Zaire became furious again. "To be honest...I don't think you understand anything sometimes..." She told a deep breath to calm herself down and then spoke a little more kindly to him. "Let's talk about this tomorrow." She yawned.

No one will ever understand how much it hurts

And instead of waiting for his reply, she shifted so that his head was no longer on his body and turned to sleep.

 "Maybe I don't Zaire, maybe you're right. But neither do you and it's not your fault. I just can't bring myse- I mean find the words, or even find ways to make them come out so let me show you. Just let me show you..." His husky voice rattled her a little, goosebumps emerged on her skin.

You feel hopeless... like nothing can save you

She was about to open her mouth and speak when he planted intense kisses along her neck and slowly proceeded to leave them along the edge of her shoulder also. She turned trying to suppress her urgent moans and placed her hand on his firm chest in an attempt to push him away. Cory grabbed her hands and laced them in his. He kissed all over her face as he climbed in between her thighs. Again, she started to speak but her words came out in a stammering mumble. This caused Cory to laugh with his unsmiling face. He leaned down and sucked hard on her bottom lip, this immediately made Zaire moist. He rose her hand over her head, kissing her deeply and let go of the other. Cory then caressed her body and felt Zaire tense as his hand went lower. Everything within her told her to follow her heart because it would only lead her to where she'd be happy and content. But her mind told her that that wasn't the truth and that she'd been down this sorrowful road before.

And when it's over and its gone, you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back so that you could have the good ..

"Zai. Let me show you..." Zaire began to whimper helplessly as he sucked on the inside of her thighs.

© 2011 MrsMadSwag