MONEY DREAM36.

'What if she tells them you sent her to your father?'

'She won't.' Cory replied calmly. A puppet couldn't control their own strings. Only the puppet master had the power to.

'Baby, you're not invincible.' That sounded like something Zaire would say? Where was she, she'd know what to do. She always made everything better. He truly missed her a lot but he understood why she had gone.

'Cory...' His mum's face was filled with such sadness. 'What's he done to you?'

Her eyes were engrossed by the tiny tattoo on his face. A tear drop. She knew all too well what that symbolised. She thought back to Cory Senior, he should have had a face full of teardrops.

Evelyn bowed her head solemnly, praying she wouldn't get emotional. That just reminded her how much Cory's childhood in the Matthias household has scarred him for life.

She was sure that some sort of therapy was much needed for him to ever fully move on and live the rest of his life.

'Mum when I say I've been lost and then... I saw you and I clung onto you like you was the only oxygen I had, I got my breath back...'

'Well, I want my son back. I want to see you smile again.'

'If I get my sister back that's when you'll see me smile again.'

Evelyn didn't have a reply for him, just a sudden feeling of severe sorrow.

She wanted to give him a million sorries and comforting hugs but it was far too late for all of that.

'Mum who knows you're here, you can't stay here.' Paranoia.

'You think I haven't lived this way all my life being married to your father.' She laughed. 'So you're done bad stuff.' She shrugged casually as though it didn't bother her.

Ma, I've...made my bed.' His words spoke volumes. 'And I know I've got problems but I can deal with 'em my way. But Ma I just want to be in control. I have to stay in control.' He spoke in regards to his medication.

'Control? What do you control Cory? Your life? Your emotions?' Her words reaked of sarcasm. 'Deary me, your dad's got you wrapped across his murderous fingers. Lord help me!' She looked up at him in anger and it didn't make a difference that there was more than a foot in height difference between them.

She went to get his medication and a glass of water. 'Take it now.' She ordered and didn't take her eyes off him until he did so.

'Cory.' His mother paused. 'You're old enough now so I think this is overdue. I thought by keeping it from you I was protecting you but all I was doing was protecting him. It's time you knew the truth.'

'About?'

'Your father.'

'Ma, why you always doing this? He gave up his life for me, he's sitting in that prison because of what I did!' He shook his head like he didn't want to hear what she had to say. 'I killed that woman, not him and he took the blame. That's how I know he loves me.'

Tears of frustration escaped from Evelyn's eyes. Too much. It was all too much. The truth. What Cory believed. How twisted everything was. To hear her baby say he'd taken a life. The way she was growing to despise Cory Senior more and more.

'It was all HIS FAULT! HE BROUGHT HIS MISTRESS INTO OUR HOME! HE PUT YOU IN THAT POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE!'

'BUT HE TOOK THE BLAME FOR ME!'

'SHUT UUUUP!' She screamed and stood up in outrage. 'Your father put all our lives in danger and he took your sister away from you because he's a selfish, poisonous b*stard now you, sit down and listen to me!' Evelyn spoke much more calmly, Cory looked up at his mother's eye twitching and her fists balled at her sides.