MONEY DREAM47.

'This is a warning shot ..'

Cory's phone dropped from his hands, and he crouched onto the floor with his head in his hands.

What do you when the day you always feared has finally caught up with you? Knowing very little but fearing the worse. How does it make you feel knowing someone innocent is paying for your transgressions?

It's the ones we love who always pay.

Everything maximised in size, and Cory felt like a little boy again fighting away the demons like every night. Ryan's feet bellowed as they came towards him. He could see all these large faces that belonged to giants looking down on him, voices boomed but he heard nothing and yet their monotones caused the room to quake. He closed his eyes and let regret fall onto his cheeks. He cried loudly, sorrow stained his face. One drop of regret hit the floor, splashing on impact.

He froze when BJ picked up his phone from the floor.

Suddenly rage embraced him, vengeance caressed his cheeks and fury allowed him to rest on its bosoms.

He stood up; he'd grown as big as them in seconds. Cory raced to the door and bumped into Church who'd come from the toilet. Cory had walked right into him.

'Cuz, where you going? What's going on?' Church glanced at the others in the background in confusion.

'Move!'

'Nahhhh, what the f*ck is this? Church keep him here.'

Cory heart raced with every second that pasted, he wouldn't stop shaking. He grabbed Church by his sweatshirt and pushed him up against the wall.

'This nigga f*cked up.' Ryan watched the video in disbelief and pulled Cory off Church and they walked out, the rest followed. No one spoke, they all got in the car and then Cory's phone rang.

Ryan offered him the phone as they all looked at each other.

'...' Cory pressed the green button, but didn't say anything.

'Cory?'

'Mum, mum, where are you? You alright?' His voice trembled and this time, relief ran down his face.

This was God's mercy upon him.

'I'm ok, I'm at home.' She was trying to hide it but he could hear that she'd been crying. She'd been left to carry his sins on her shoulders.

'Thank God mum, I'm coming don't leave the house! You hear me! Lock all the doors and stay put! Pack all your stuff, as much as you can till I get home.' Cory quickly looked off the phone.

'Rio, deets the next ticket to New Jersey now. One way. Church go straight to mine.' He ordered. He tapped his legs persistently as Church drove like a madman, nearly running a red light on more than one occasion.

'Ticket's booked, flights in three hours.' Rio told him, as he jumped out of the car and raced up to his house. His eyes were red from crying but he felt much worse than he looked. Regardless of the tablets he'd taking this morning his paranoia controlling all his senses. He walked into his flat, and went straight into his room and got a gun.

'Mum?'

Evelyn was sitting in the sitting room with the lights off. Suitcase packed, and jacket on. She saw him and immediately clung to him, Cory held onto her tightly. He wept and love fell onto her hair. To him, it was like seeing a ghost because after seeing the video, he had told his heart that he'd lost him for good.

'Mum, I'm so sorry!'

She couldn't speak she didn't have any words to say. What could she say? It seemed like it was too like, Cory was waist deep and it seemed his father had accurately paved the way for him.