MONEY DREAM42.

Cory spied Zaire walking out of work and meeting Faith and Elizabeth at the corner before they got into Church's car. He told himself that if he kept his eyes on her, he would eventually pluck up the courage to speak to her and come correct this time.

'Rio's driving! Are we safe?'

'Elizabeth that's cold.' Rio pretended to be hurt.

'I'm sorry just saying init...nice car though.'

'This girl's funny, I like her already.' Rafiah giggled and high fived Elizabeth. Zaire laughed, she really loved her friends, they were too real. She was trying to spend as much time with them before they all went back to Uni the following week. Blessing and Priscilla were at work though. Rio was making an effort with his relationship with Rafiah and Zaire had offered to take care of Keanu. Paddy had invited them over so Zaire seemed to be killing three birds with one stone.

Rafiah and Rio would get a chance to be teenagers as well as an item again. Parenthood was seriously overwhelming and was taking its toll on them, time alone together was much needed.

'Nah but Church is a spice though!' Elizabeth flicked her long impeccable weave. 'I'm loving the Rick Ross beard that he's growing.'

'Really? He looks like a Somali.' Rio said casually.

'Who was talking to you, please face front and just drive.'

'How can you say he resembles a Somali, you look just like him but you're lighter with longer hair.'

'Nah bmt, my mum had Dylan in the hospital and she found Church and just brought him home too.'

The back of the car came alive with laughter.

'Church would smack you up for all this chat...' Rafiah shook her head even though she'd been laughing too.

Cory followed all the way to Paddy's house, which was in within a block of luxury apartments where BJ and Tickz also resided.

He sat in his car and watched them enter and observed Rio driving off. He asked himself what he was actually doing, it was unusual but he didn't know what he was doing.

After 40 minutes had gone by, Cory was bored of just sitting down. He decided to act instinctively and got out of the car and to Paddy's house.

As soon as he pressed the bell he could hear Paddy's dog, Maximilan barking.

'Maxi move!' Paddy commanded as he opened the door. 'Yo bro!' Paddy's eyes bea$ed at the sight of Cory, he embraced him. 'Come in man.'

'Paddy you alright, I actually came to see if Zaire was here.' Everyone was standing in the hallway staring at Cory and then at Zaire. She wasn't going to make a scene.

Elizabeth was looking at her as if to say 'don't you dare go anywhere with him.' But Zaire wanted to hear what he had to say and she was willing to listen to him. She was pleased with his clean cut appearance, hair cut and stubble had disappeared. He was wearing a Dope Chef sweatshirt, jeans and Nike blazers. She watched him staring into her eyes.

'Yeah we can talk.' Zaire came to the door. 'Can all of you guys f*ck off please...' She said, glancing behind her. 'I've got to take Keanu with me, I'm babysitting.'

'Cool.'

'Is your mum not in?' Zaire walked into Cory's flat with Keanu, and heard him shut the door behind her.

'Nah...'

Silence.

'Could you hold him for a minute please?'