MONEY DREAM35.

'Raaah Zai you're looking tiiiiiick! What you been eating gg?' Maro took her hand and swirled her around so he could get a better view of her bum and thighs. She was wearing an oversized white t-shirt with Rick Ross' face printed on the front, black velvet leggings and multi-coloured Air Max 1s.

'Eww Maro shut up please and close your mouth.'

'Allow the juju eyes man, alright sorry init.' He pretended to be scared as she enlarged her already big eyes in a menacing way as they walked further into the park.

'You and your long self.' She laughed at him.

'Don't I look sexy Zaire?' He posed with his hand on his hip.

'You're looking alright.' She winked playfully, giving a thumbs up to his fresh white t-shirt, army shorts, red low Converses and 'trapstar' snapback. They soon found a vacant bench and sat down.

She caught Maro staring at her face, the scar on her forehead always made her feel self conscious. Maro caught on to this.

'I honestly don't know what's beautiful your face or your heart.' He kissed her right on her scar. She closed her eyes for a moment, cherishing the moment.

'So...Mr Maro, how was your date yesterday?'

'It was fun you know. She's a cool girl...gonna see how it goes really.'

'Good, I'm glad to hear it.'

'How's work?'  

'Work is cool, thanks. Uni?'

'Decent, gonna start revising from now though.' He said, signalling to the rucksack on his back as he planned to head to the library afterwards.

'On your job! That's why I'm so proud of you.' She smiled and kissed his cheek. 'Maro?'

'Hmm?'

'Can I tell you a secret?'

'You're gonna tell me anyway.' He replied cockily.

'Oh gosh, that's so true.' She chuckled. 'Well erm...I applied to go to university this year.'

'Dayuuuuum girl! That's what I like to hear.' Maro grinned widely which was so encouraging for Zaire as she hadn't told anyone else.

'I want to be writer, I love writing I don't really tell anyone but I always used to write, don't really do it anymore even though it's my passion. I did my A Levels over a year ago and they can't go to waste. I want to prove my parents wrong about me.' It pained her to even tell him such a thing but it was the truth and she was happy to share it with him.

'Do your thing Zai, I'm so proud of you. You could probably write a story on your life it would be a bestseller but then all of you lot would end up behind bars.' He joked.

'Maro, I really thought that life was what I wanted.' She said seriously. 'Chasing money, but that's not my dream anymore. I'll always be a hustler at heart but not this kind.' Zaire sighed. 'I think my mind was... clouded, I wanted to success, I still do but not like this...'

Maro nodded his head.

'I think deep down I went into this life in search of something else...I dunno...I think I didn't find it but I learnt a valuable lesson. I'm a boss at whatever I do no matter what it is. And I'm strong.' She smiled.

'Yes you are.' Maro clicked his fingers.

'Divas!' They said in unison, then did their funky handshake.

'Thank you Maro for being my friend exactly when I needed you to be.'

'Nah, thank you for being you. And...I know it still hurts, I know you still love him but you're doing the right thing. Only you know what you truly want and deserve.'

Zaire leaned on Maro's chest as they watched children play and families enjoy the sunshine.

© 2012 MrsMadSwag