MONEY DREAM64.

Cory was sprawled out on his back lying on his bed in his boxers. He wrapped his arms as best he could around Zaire as she slept on top of him. He ran his hands down her naked skin, she appeared so innocent and pure. Her dark skin was radiant. Even up to now the sight of their child inside her fascinated him.

The child he had put in her womb.

She remained peaceful even as he watched their child move around inside her.

He nestled his chin just above her head, the gentle rhythm of his heartbeat was right beneath her head and had put her to sleep. In Cory's eyes she was the most amazing person. Even in her pregnancy she was so freaky and spontaneous, she knew exactly how to please her man and he truly appreciated that. He found some sort of peace in that feeling of contentment.

Cory gently stroked the scar on the curve of her shoulder. His actions. His transgression. How could he have hurt the one he loved in such a manner? It was daily reminder of the menace within him that he attempted to control.

Was he that much of his father's son? Everything he touched he destroyed. 

Would the ones he loved always pay?

Those thoughts began to seep in and poison his mind. Cory didn't fear much but it wasn't himself he was worried about.

Zaire was awoken by Cory's crying. He didn't make any noise but the sound of his breathing has altered. Her eyes shot open and she searched for his hand in the darkness. He held her hand and Zaire squeezed it to comfort him and once again they were one.

His sobs got caught in his throat so he couldn't speak. She lifted herself off of him, holding the side of her stomach. Their child kept moving on their side. She put the lamp on and looked at the clock. 4.24am.

She wiped his tears, remembering what day it was today. He ran his index finger repeatedly along Leonie's bracelet.

Zaire didn't need to say anything because he knew she was here if he wanted to talk. He searched for her hand again, holding it with his eyes closed.

'Zai come closer.' His voice was very deep and raspy. You could hear the trembling in his words. She moved closer and he lay her down, her back resting upon his chest.

He kissed her head, one hand stroking her head, the other feeling their child's movement. It made his heart swell. Now it was hard for him to be overwhelmed with sorrow because of the sight of God's blessing. He pressed his body right up against Zaire and they were one again.

'Babe?' Zaire wondered what was on his mind.

'Hmm?'

'What are you thinking? How you feeling?'

'I'm at bit confused. Part of me feels sick and then I'm here in this moment and its like...I feel weird...this feeling is new, she has made me feel...peaceful. It's about time I guess...I can't keep going round in circles. I'm going to be someone's dad and I need to feel Leonie smiling down on me. I can't keep living how I'm living I've got to be better, I got to.'

'You will. I know you will.'

Cory wasn't as convinced.

'Zaire...am I doing alright?'

'What do you mean?' She turned her body so that they were now face to face.

'Being calm and less aggressive. Taking my medication and sleeping better. Helping you out and trying to take care of you. Finding meaning and making changes in light of all the madness that has occurred recently.'

Zaire immediately grew solemn at the reminder. How could she be happy? How could she be carrying on with life and Maro was dead and buried because of her. She would be lying if she said his memory didn't haunt her, perhaps the guilt was a burden she would carry for the rest of her life. She didn't share these thoughts with Cory. She couldn't bear to.