Chapter 34: Petrificus Totalus

"I can't do this anymore, Draco." Hermione cried as she leaped off her chair and stormed towards the door. Draco stormed after her and grabbed her by her waist, pulling her into the center of the room. 

"Hermione, calm down." Draco whispered, pulling Hermione in by her waist and pushing her body up against his own. "We will find her, don't worry." 

"Oh really? How the fuck are we going to do that, huh? These stupid bastards will only take action when she's dead!" Hermione roared, pointing at the people in the Headmistress' office. 

"Shh!" Draco said as he put his finger on his lips. "I know this is hard for you Hermione, but you have to stop insulting these people! They are the only people that can help us find her!" 

Hermione wiped her sweaty forehead with her sleeve and took a long deep breath. "You're right, Draco. I'm sorry." She admitted, as tears started to fill her eyes again. "It's just... I've spent such a long time trying to keep Cecily safe and now she's gone. I can't believe it, my baby..." And right at that moment Hermione burst into tears again, crying onto Draco's shoulder. 

"We have a plan." A male voice said from behind Draco. Draco turned around with Hermione still crying onto his shoulder and came face to face with his old professor. 

"Professor Slughorn?" Draco asked unsurely, whilst his eyes widened. He was one of the least people he expected to see right now. 

"Yes, it's me, my dear old boy. How have you been? I haven't seen you in like, what, 50 years?" Professor Slughorn exclaimed, rubbing his chin. 

"15." Draco corrected right when Hermione lifted her face off his shoulder and looked up at her old professor. 

"I'm sorry professor that you have to see me in a state like this. I'm also very sorry for insulting you." Hermione apologized as she wiped her nose with a tissue. 

"It's fine, dear. How about you go and rest at the hospital wing? Madame Pomfrey will give you something to calm you down." Professor Slughorn suggested, seeing the tired look on Hermione's face. Hermione got slightly nervous of the idea of leaving Draco behind. She looked at him with worried eyes but relaxed as he nodded. 

"I'll escort her." Madame Pomfrey said from the back of the room. She walked over to Hermione and locked arms with her. Soon both women walked out the office, leaving a dull silence behind. 

"Anyway, as I already told you, we have a plan." Slughorn continued, fixating his eyes on Draco. He moved closer as he whispered something in Draco's ear. 

"We need to talk about this in private." He whispered, giving Draco the chills. He looked around the room, noticing it was packed with professors discussing what they should do next. Why would Slughorn want a private talk with him? Even though it felt wrong Draco nodded and followed him out the office. They ended up in a stranded hallway with long glass panes covering the wall.

Professor Slughorn walked towards the center of the hallway before stopping and motioning for Draco to follow him. Draco did as he was told, keeping a tight grip on his wand. If these miserable 15 years had thought him anything it was that you should always keep your wand close. 

"I have made a secret plan that will help us save Cecily." Slughorn whispered, moving closer to Draco. Draco took a step back. 

"Who does it involve?" Draco coldly asked, looking anywhere but into his old professor's eyes. 

"Only you and me. It's a secret mission. The Headmistress must not know about this. My plan is much smarter and faster. Once they come up with a plan your daughter will already be dead." Slughorn said as venom dripped from his voice. Something wasn't right. 

"I'll have to discuss it with Hermione." Draco unsurely muttered scratching his head. Slughorns head twitched in an unnatural way and his eyes were filled with hate and then it vanished as soon as it had come. 

"I'm afraid that your dear girlfriend won't be able to take part of this plan. Only you and me." He almost shouted, getting redder and redder each second. That was Draco's cue. He had to take action. He gripped his wand from his pocket and smoothly pulled it out, pointing it at Slughorn. 

"What do you fucking want?" Draco roared, expecting Slughorn to flinch but he didn't even budge. 

"Oh, Draco, Draco. I thought you were much smarter than that." Slughorn sighed as he shook his head. He flicked his finger in the air and Draco's wand flew from his hand to the other way of the hall. 

"What the fuck?" He shouted, looked at Slughorn with a burning hate. "You work for them, don't you?" 

"Oh, he finally has it figured out. That took a long time if I'm honest." Slughorn calmly said, moving closer towards Draco with his wand pointed at his throat. "The death eaters need you for something very important. They will do anything to have you... The reward I'll be getting will be glorious." Slughorn's neck twitched again and Draco felt like throwing up. 

"Stop doing that, will you?" He rudely said, furrowing his brows. 

"Enough talking. Let's get down to business." Slughorn hissed as he raised his wand. 

"Petrificus Tota--" Slughorn attempted saying but got cut off by a female voice. 

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, NASTY ASSHOLE? I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!" Hermione screeched as she raised her wand at her old professor. He turned around and before he could move Hermione shouted: "CRUCIO!" Slughorn fell to the floor, twitching in pain. He started screaming out of agony. 

"That's what you get for trying to take Draco away, I trusted you once, you know?!!!" Hermione screamed. She lowered her wand and left the professor to twitch on the ground. "Petrificus totalus." She hissed, making Slughorn's whole body stiffen up. Draco was staring at Hermione with wide eyes. 

"Okay... That was badass." Draco whispered as he looked down at the old man on the ground. "What a fucking git."