cloud nine

Emily felt a rush of guilt but excitement thrilling throughout her body. She wasn't sure if what she said to Niall was enough, but looking at his face made her know that she accomplished her goals to make him know that she wasn't the only guilty one. It made her slightly proud, knowing that she had defended herself. But she wasn't so proud of all the swearing.

So when she told Gabriella the following hour, she was pulled in a bone crushing hug, and several words of praise had escaped her friend's lips. She was proud too, but knowing that Niall left with quite a different emotion left her confused. Niall looked so flustered, yet his eyes held a heart breaking emotion, making Emily hope that he had caught up to what she was yearning for him to understand.

"But, I wished that didn't happen this morning, you know? I mean Brit wasn't there, and that's something unusual. I should've like, appreciated the moment or something-" Emily stopped talking when the sour feeling came launching back in her stomach. She wasn't sure what it was - but Brittany made her feel so unusual inside.

Gabriella looked at Emily, her eyes slightly narrowing at how sudden her words had stopped. Emily frowned before continuing. "I mean it was some kind of relief knowing that she wasn't over and making some porn or anything, like Niall mentioned something about her not wanting to come and I just-"

Her words were cut off with Gabriella's laughter that echoed through the store. Emily quickly placed her hand on Gabriella's mouth since the store was currently occupied with a few customers. "What was that for?" Emily hissed before letting go of Gabriella who was taking deep breaths from her sudden activity.

"Relieved? You're relieved because the bitch isn't there is such proof that you like Niall and you want him to yourself." Emily scoffed at Gabriella's words and she shook her head vigorously. No words slipped out of her mouth and that made Gabriella raise an eyebrow with a smirk on her lips.

"No, I don't - I bursted at him this morning, that's enough proof." Emily continued to shake her head and Gabriella just continued laughing which made Emily laugh along contagiously.

"Ems, you can keep denying it - but I think you know what I'm talking about." Gabriella walked away to an elderly customer who was at the cashier, leaving Emily to think about it all.

Jealousy is never a deed

Instead is a feeling or emotion

That lurks in your heart

Whenever you feel so far apart

Desire is when you need

Someone to feel you so near

And you long to be loved.

Emily knew she had taken a liking for Niall, no matter how selfish and ignorant he was. It wasn't just a physical attraction - but it was something more when their eyes meet and she felt some kind of feeling inside of her. She could deny it all the way with constant whining about how Niall wasn't her type but deep inside she knew he was.

Maybe it was because the current emotional wreck she was being with Niall, but all her poetry surrounded around the different feelings he made her feel. She wasn't used to have a muse for her writings and Niall made it possible. They didn't know each other, but Emily felt some emotional attraction.

Was that even possible?

Her thoughts were interrupted with the ringing of her hotline number that was placed in the pocket of her jeans. She grabbed her phone and slid her thumb on the screen once she recognized the name saved in her android.

"Hello!" Emily couldn't help but feel a bit happy when it came to taking the call.

"Honey, how are you? I hope Niall's all good too. We've missed you." Emily could literally hear Maura's smile through the phone.