Chapter 29

(A/N) Hey nuggets! I just wanted to say once again, thank you for the continued support with the story! It really means so much, and I'm glad you guys have liked it thus far.

Okay I need to have a babbling moment quickly before we get into this chapter; I read these two books, "The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer" and "The Evolution of Mara Dyer".

Go read them. Oh my goodness. They are perfect. I am so in love, and I am dying waiting for the last book to come out. It's a trilogy, and honestly, you'll love the books. I am so hooked, and would highly reccommend them.

Uhhhhhh I think I already told you that the book is ending soon, really soon. But I'm starting to plan out the prequel story so I hope you'll be interested to read that.

I've been doing more work on Dancing Styles, so that, guys I don't have a date yet for it, and I apologize, but it's been really hectic over here, but I'll keep you updated on that.

I respond more on twitter though, so check it out bbys @princess_dinky

I have an ask.fm thingy too, its ask.fm/princessdinky

My cat is giving himself a bath next to me, in case you wanted to know.

Alright. Here's Chapter 29

xoxo

************

After much coaxing, begging, nagging and pleading, Mum and Louis gave me the address of the cemetary and a cab fair. I requested I go alone, and they could go together, mostly because I knew there would be tears, and I didn't want to see my mum cry. I wouldn't know how to handle that.

I had pulled on a pair of high waisted mint green shorts and a loose white t shirt, tucking it into the shorts. My hair fell in soft waves down my back, and my makeup was simple and natural.

"Are you sure you'll be alright going on your own?" Louis asked, eyeing me over the newspaper.

He said he and my mother would be more than willing to accompany me, but I insisted they remain here.

"I'll be alright. I'll probably be back a little after lunch, probably get some sight-seeing in before I come back, alright?"

I just wanted to put off coming back as long as possible. This was my "vacation". I was supposed to enjoy it.

Mum was seated next to Lou, taking small sips of a cup of tea. She met my eyes only briefly before focusing her attention on a spot on the table like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

This trip made her uncomfortable. And I didn't know whether it was the fact I was intruding on whatever was going on with her and Lou, or that I was going to see the dead son she never told me about.

There was plenty to be uncomfortable about with those two things.

We said our goodbyes before I walked out of the hotel into the warm May afternoon.

I had been to New York multiple times, I really enjoyed it. Instead of hailing a cab, I opted to walk to the cemetary; it wasn't that far anyway. I could enjoy the city around in me in the process.

Obviously there wasn't a graveyard in the center of times square, it was on the outskirts of the city, away from the tourists. Nothing puts a damper on a family vacation like the sight of hundreds of deceased people.