Chapter 5

I opened the door as quietly as I could, but of course, today was just my lucky day, and it squeaked loudly on its hinges. Almost immediately, my mother was in front of me, fury evident on her face. 

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!? I TOLD YOU TO BE BACK IN THIRTY MINUTES! IT'S BEEN WELL OVER TWO HOURS!!" She yelled. 

I rolled my eyes at her. Of course, the first thing she was worried about was that I didn't come home. She wasn't concerned that maybe something could have happened to me. No. It was always, Bella didn't listen. 

I mean, yeah. I didn't listen to her rules or whatever, but to her, there could have always been the possibility something had happened to me. 

"I was out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go change." And with that, I pushed past her, running up the stairs two at a time before slamming my bedroom door as loudly as I could. 

I didn't even realize I was crying until I saw the little droplets falling onto the floor. 

Why the hell was I crying?! 

I never cried. I hated crying. 

Wiping my eyes hurriedly, I started to rummage through my dresser, looking for something to wear tonight, and then bringing to sleep over. I had decided on just a pair of black shorts, with a pair of sheer patterned tights, and just a simple pink scoop neck t-shirt. I was in the process of throwing my "stayover" stuff into a bag when I heard a knock on my door. 

"Go away!" I yelled, zipping up my bag. 

I was not in the mood for any more of my mom's bullshit tonight. 

As I was heading over to my vanity to fix my barely there makeup, I heard the sound of my bedroom door opening. I whirled around, about to tell my mom off, when I saw that it wasn't her standing in my doorway. It was Louis?

"What the hell are you doing in my room?! Why are you even in my house?!" I exclaimed, skittering back a few steps. I hadn't even seen him when I came in!

He took a deep breath, looking at me wearily. 

"I was visiting your dad. It's not just me here, the rest of the guys and girls and stuff are here." he said quietly. 

I looked at him warily. How the hell had I missed like 12 people in our house?! I mean, I get I had JUST gotten here, but it would have made sense for me to at least see their cars on the way in...although..I HAD been a little distracted...

"Did it ever occur to you that I don't want to talk to you Mr. Tomlinson?" I questioned, settling down in front of my vanity mirror, and pulling out my makeup case. 

I watched him in the mirror as he made his way from standing awkwardly in the doorway, to shuffling across the room to sit on my bed, next to where I was. He wouldn't meet my gaze, just...stared at his hands or his feet or the ground. I couldn't really tell.