Thirteen.

Olivia's POV.🙄

I rode the ambulance with Carolyn. She'd not said anything since I carried her out of the basement. I now sat waiting for a doctor and my mind kept wandering to Sky. She wouldn't let me help her and that hurt more than anything.

"Detective Benson?"

My head snapped up and I noticed a young, tall doctor looking at me. I shook off my worries about Sky and got back to work.

"That's me." I said, sticking my hand up, feeling like a schoolgirl for a second.

"I'm Doctor Sergo." He said, sticking his hand out for me to shake. "Carolyn is okay. She's more traumatised than anything. Some of the other girls are a lot worse off and refusing to speak. Carolyn is responding to questions and seems willing to talk."

I nodded my head. "Thank you."

"You can go in now, but go easy on her, yeah."

"Yeah, I will."

I walked into Carolyn's room, where I found her sat up in bed. She smiled at me when she saw me.

"Thank you for rescuing me."

"It's okay. It's my job and I'd do it all over again if I had to. You can call me Olivia. Can you tell me how old you are?"

"I'm 13."

"Are you from New York? Do you have family?"

"Yes. The doctor is trying to contact my Mom. She'll be so worried."

"I understand. Can you tell me what happened? From the beginning?"

I sat down in the chair next to her bed and she bowed her head in sadness.

"I was so stupid. Bonnie, that's my sister. She started using chat rooms and I wanted to be like her. I don't have many friends at school, so I thought I could make some online. I thought It'd be ok."

She shook her head.

"I started talking to a guy called Jak and he suggested we meet up. I jumped at the idea. No boy had ever shown interest in me. I'm not popular at school, so I went to Central Park and a van pulled up next to me."

A tear slipped down Carolyn's face and I gripped her hand in support.

"She said she was Jak's Mom, and that Jak had cooked me a romantic meal at home, so I got in the van."

Carolyn gripped my hand tighter.

"It's okay. Go on." I whispered.

"A man grabbed me and pulled me into the back of the van. The next thing I remember I woke up in that basement chained to the wall. The next day they took me into a spectate room and cut all my hair off. The day after that, I saw Bonnie and she wasn't doing as they said. They took her away and I never saw her again."

By now, Carolyn was sobbing and I took her into my arms and squeezed her tightly.

"It's gonna be okay. You're safe now."

Sky's POV.

When I woke up, it was dark outside, and after switching on the light I wandered into the kitchen to get a glass of water. I needed Mom, I needed her to tell me everything was going to be okay.

I found her bedroom empty. As usual she was still at work. Anger boiled inside me but it soon gave way to sadness. I burst into tears and ran back into my room.

"Why Mom?!" I shouted. "I need you and you're not here!!"

I picked up my phone and dialled her number. When she didn't answer, I left a voice mail.

"Mommy. I need you. Where are you?! Please."

I threw my phone across the room and it landed on the bed. It then beeped and I rushed over, hoping Mom had text me back.

'Ah. I see that Mommy's not here to dry your eyes. Where is she Sky?
Ah that's right, she's out tending to my other victims.
Jakthelad'

"What the..." I said, looking to the window. I'd pulled the curtains shut earlier, so I began to panic. "Are you watching me?!!"

I lost it. I started tearing my room apart, looking for hidden cameras.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

I looked up at my ceiling and that's when I saw it, a red light flashing in my air vent.

I screamed. I stood there and screamed.

"This is so fucked up."

I grabbed my phone and dialled Amanda's number.

'Put the phone down.
Jakthelad'

"No!! You can't do this to me."

'I have a gun trained on your mother and I will shoot.
Jakthelad.'

I ran into my Mom's room, and tore apart the medication cabinet until I found 2 bottles of pills. I didn't know what they were but I swallowed them anyway, swishing my mouth with water.

I sunk to the floor, tears streaming down my face.

"What have I done?!"

I ran back to my room and grabbed my phone before staring up at the camera in absolute fear.

Amanda's.

I'm going to go to Amanda's  She had to be there. If I can't rely on Mom, she's the next person who I can.

Amanda's POV.

I got home at 3am. I had left Olivia at the hospital. She wanted to speak to Carolyn before she headed home.

I sunk down onto the sofa and shut my eyes, but before sleep could take me, I heard desperate knocking on my front door.

I opened the door and there stood a hysterical Sky. Her whole body shook, tears staining her face, her skin a deathly shade of grey.

"Sky" I said, worry coursing through my veins.

"You have to help me. Please Amanda. He's everywhere. Please, I can't do this anymore. He's probably watching me right now."

I grabbed Sky's arm and pulled her into the apartment. I poked my head out of the door and looked around. The hallway was empty. I slammed the door shut.

"Sky. Who's watching you? Please talk to me sweetie. You need to calm down."

My heart raced as I tried to decide what to do. I took her shaking hand and pulled her into a hug, gripping her tightly.

"I'm sorry." She sobbed.

And those were Sky's last words before she collapsed in my arms.