Nineteen.

Olivia's POV.

I lay on Amanda's sofa, my body and soul exhausted. I'd spent the night at hers because I couldn't bear to be in our apartment without my daughter there. I missed her so much.

Sometime after midnight I got up for a glass of water, and Amanda pottered out of her bedroom.

"Can't sleep?" I asked Amanda, as I filled my glass.

She shrugged and took a seat on the sofa.

"I can't stop thinking about Sky." She said, tears welling in her eyes. "I can't imagine how you must be feeling."

I walked over to the sofa and sat down next to Amanda. We didn't say anything for a while and then I burst into tears, the emotions I'd kept in spilled out. Amanda pulled me into a hug and we both cried into each other's shoulders.

"I'm scared." I uttered, my heart racing. "I'm so scared Amanda."

"I know sweetie. We will find her, I promise you. I will find her and I will bring her home to you."

"I'm a terrible mother, Amanda."

Amanda pulled out of her hug and put her hands on my shoulders.

"You are not a terrible mother." Amanda said, looking me in the eyes. "You are the best mother I know."

"Why didn't I see the signs then!!" I said, my voice raised. "Hell, I do this everyday of my life! How did I not see this coming?!"

"These things happen. This is not your fault. It's the slime balls who took her. You are an amazing mother and Sky is lucky to have you."

"Thank you." I said, wiping my eyes dry. "What would i do without you?"

I don't know what I would do without Amanda. She is my best friend, my oldest friend and she's always there for me and Sky, no matter what. After Sky's dad left, she helped me pick up the pieces. When Sky was a baby, she stayed with me and helped me look after her. She was there for every jab, every Doctors appointment, every first. I will be forever grateful for everything she has and still does for me.

"We'll find her Liv. We will find her and bring her home, I promise."

Sky's POV.

I had no idea if it was night or day. The cell was pitch black, except for a tiny sliver of light shining through a crack in the wall. I hadn't slept much, my bones were sore from lying on the cold, hard floor and I couldn't stop shivering.

I glanced around my new home.  I'd hoped this was all a nightmare I couldn't wake up from, but I wasn't that lucky. The cell reminded me of a prison cell. There was a bucket to pee in, mouldy food spread out on the floor and a sink that was falling apart. On the other side of the cell, I noticed a blood stained mattress, a few dirty blankets piled on top. Sitting crossed legged on that mattress was another girl. She stared at me like I was the most fascinating girl on earth.

"Hello." I uttered.

The girl carried on staring at me, looking more intrigued than scared. She was around my age, her blonde hair covered in dirt and grease, and wearing the same ragged nightie I did.

"My names Sky."

"Bonnie." She whispered, her eyes snapping out of her trance.

"What is this place?" I asked, not sure I wanted to know the answer.

She looked at me with so much fear and sympathy and patted her hand next to her. I sat down on the mattress, refusing to start crying again.

"I don't know." Bonnie said, her eyes diverting to her lap. "I think it's some kind of sex slave thing. I know that if you get put down here, they see you as trouble."

I sucked in a breath, my heart racing, fear overwhelming me.

"My sister." Bonnie continued. "Carolyn. They took her too but I don't know what happened to her."

Carolyn. Where did I know that name from? I sat there for a few seconds, racking my brain trying to remember where I'd heard it. That's when it came to me.

"Carolyn Prescott?" I asked.

"Yeah! Do you know what happened to her?!"

"My mom, she's a detective. She works in sex crimes. A few days ago, they raided a warehouse and they rescued a few girls and one was a 13 year old girl named Carolyn Prescott. I saw it on the news. She's back home with her Mom."

"Oh thank God." Bonnie wept. "Thank you God."

Bonnie threw her arms around me and sobbed into my shoulder. I felt sick with this whole situation. Somehow I felt comforted I wasn't on my own down here.

"Sky. I don't know much about this place, but I do know that you need to do as they say. If you don't, then it's worse, ok? Do whatever they say. They murdered a girl because she wouldn't stop screaming. I don't want that to happen again."

I lay back on the mattress and shut my eyes, trying to take myself away to someplace else.

Sleep would have taken me if it hadn't have been for the clattering. I immediately shot up, panic seizing my chest. Harriet stood at the open gate, staring at me.

"Here." She said, sliding a plate of food across the room. "Eat it or don't. I don't give a shit."

She turned around and slid the cell door shut again. I heard her footsteps echo down the hallway.

"What even is that?" I asked, peering down at the 2 scoops of gloop.

"It's mash potato but it doesn't taste like it. I wouldn't eat it if I were you." She replied, lying down and turning to face the wall.

I stared at the plate, my stomach rumbling with hunger. I don't remember the last time I ate but I definitely wasn't eating that. I lay down next to Bonnie and turned to face the opposite wall. I closed my eyes and willed my brain to go to sleep