Chapter 21: Sick Day...

Still Randy's POV...reader-chan's soon to be boyfriend, woah there who said that? Wasn't me. *grins*
My head is still spinning like there's a tiny hurricane inside of it. Something cold was at my forehead, I wanted to reach out for it but my arms are too numb that I couldn't even feel it. Groaning, I opened my eyes a little bit, my vision still a bit blurry. Once it cleared, I can see (y/n) staring deeply into my eyes, her face just a few inches away from my face. It was shocking but why do I felt like I'm getting sweatier all of a sudden. Her hand was at my chest while the other was at the wet cloth that was on my forehead.

''You OK?'' She asked with a sweet tone on her voice. It's my first time hearing that tone because most of the time, it's sarcasm and rage. I didn't manage to reply as she sighed and moved a little far away from me, which made me frown behind my mask. ''You still manage to fight that robot even if you're sick huh? Never knew you could sacrifice like that for the sake of others,'' she said, looking away, her hair going to the same direction of her head.

I tried to sit up straight but I couldn't feel my arms nor my whole body. (Y/n) seem to notice my hardship as she helped me and put the pillow at my bag, making me feel comfortable. ''How did you manage to bring me to your house?'' I asked, avoiding eye contact. She looked at me and reply with a smile that no one ever can resist. ''Well, I saw you fall to the bush after you smash that smoke bomb of yours. At first, I didn't know what to do so I just left you there, but I laid you on the ground properly to make you feel comfortable as you slept. After school, I grabbed my (f/c) jacket from my locker and put it on you, covering your head. I carried you from school, to my stepbrother's school, then to my home. It felt strange when people are staring at you as I walk pass by them, at least no one followed me until I got home because that would meant that he or she knows who I am carrying. And now that I reached home, I set you on my bed and took care of you,''

Man I felt terrible for her. She carried me that long? And now she's taking care of me? I never knew that my rival is hiding that part of her. The part that everyone would love to feel, have, and need. I was speechless and shocked at the same time.

''Hey,'' I called out. ''I'm sorry for getting you into that much trouble,'' I apologized, heat rising up to my cheeks. She unexpectedly held my hands and put it in front of us. ''It's OK ninja, nothing bad even happened so it's perfectly fine,'' she said, another beautiful smile forming on her face that soon ended because her stepbro is calling for her help in his assignment. She let go of my hands, letting them fall on my lap. Why did Nomo have to ruin the moment?

After shutting the door behind her, my nose smelled a nice aroma of...chicken soup. My eyes darted at the sight of a bowl with chicken soup in it, just beside me. Lifting my mask to reveal my mouth and nose, I took hold of the bowl as I started to eat. This soup just got to be the cheese! After eating it, I licked my lips, placed the empty bowl on the table beside me, and put down my mask to cover back my nose and mouth, just in time for her to come back.

She sat down on the side of the bed and looked at the empty bowl.

''I see you have ea-'' Before she even got to finish her, I burped a loud, making me cover my mouth with my hands. She stared at me for a few minutes as I blushed hard in embarrassment, when she started giggling that become to laughing so hard that tears started forming in her eyes. She noticed this instantly, making her stop a bit.

''Sorry *giggles*, I laughed at simple things,'' she said, blushing a bit. Her laugh and her face that is a blushing mess is too beautiful to look away. And now, I don't know what I'm talking about. An awkward silence took over us, making us look away from each other as a thought ran in my mind. ''Why didn't you get yourself in danger a while ago when the robo dragon-rabbit thing started causing trouble?'' I asked, having eye contact with her.

''I didn't feel like it a while ago and besides, I'm busy reading books in the library,'' she responded. Unexpectedly, she laid the back of her hand on my neck. She took off the cloth on my forehead and laid her hand there also. Humming, she told me that my fever is somewhat going down that fast. I just nodded my head. When the clock strike to 10, she asked me if I got the strength to go home. I tried lifting myself out of the bed but failed. Instead of her helping me to get on my feet, she laid me on her bed and tucked me on her soft and cozy blanket.

''You can stay here until you get better,'' she said as she laid her hand on my forehead, letting it slip to my cheeks. Standing up, she turned off the lights and said Sweet dreams. Before she even get to close the door, I blurted out the words that I regret saying. ''Willyousleepwithme?" She stopped in her tracks and glanced at me with a confuse look on her face.

''Will you say it a little more slower?'' I sighed and looked down on the covers and repeat it again. She closed the door behind her and walk to the bed. Sitting down, she nodded her head and asked me. ''What's the reason behind it?''

''I don't want you to go up to your room to check if I'm feeling okay every hour but the bad thing is, you'll get sick afterwards,'' I lied. I don't want her to know that the real reason is that I just want her to be with me tonight. It might creep her out. Without hesitation, she went under the covers and drifted off to sleep. Now that's just fast. I didn't want to waste any time, so I wrapped my arms around her as we both slept...not minding the white smoke that just turn invisible in an instant...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The rays of the morning sun went through the window and onto my face, making my eyes flutter open. I was shocked on what my vision just saw. (Y/n) had her forehead on mine, her lips a few centimeters away. She is still asleep but her hands were wrapped around my torso, our chests' in touch. It's my first time being so close to her...

Soon, she woke up. She stared into my eyes once more, much more longer than yesterday. To make things a little less awkward, she laid her hand on my neck then on my forehead. ''It seems your fever is gone,'' Getting up, she stretched a bit, her shirt lifting also, half of stomach revealed. She dropped her arms as she turn to me. ''Can you get up now?

Getting myself up, my feet made contact to the floor and that I feel much more alive than yesterday. I kicked and punch the air, feeling optimistic, (y/n) giggling at the background. ''So I guess you can go home now,'' Her somewhat sentence made me sadden a bit. I don't want to leave this place...I don't even know why, but I have to. I positioned myself on her window but before I could smoke bomb, I asked her.

''Since I cause all that trouble for you, I decided that maybe I should do something in return. So what do you want?'' She thought about it at first, her head looking up on the ceiling. ''How 'bout you can train me on how to be a ninja too? Is that too much to ask or should I think of another one?''

''Nope, it's fine. Is after school OK for you?''

''Any time is OK,'' she replied with a smile.

''OK, see you here, at the exact place where you took care of me and...SMOKEBOMB!!!" Smashing a smoke bomb on the wall, I disappeared with the red smoke, hearing coughs from her...

That has to be the best sick day I had ever have...

*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+*-+
Follow, vote, comment
DimensionOutsider Out!