9. The Feeling

"A va file number is all the info you have on the bomber?" Tori says, holding the file Barry brought in from the station in her wrapped hands.

"C.C.P.D's been ordered off the case" he explains and Tori squints her eyes.

"Who the hell has the power to do that?" She asks.

"The army. Some general. His name was Eiling, I think" he explains.

"General Wade Eiling" Dr. Wells speaks as he entered the cortex.

"You know him?" Barry asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I know him. About ten years ago, general Wade Eiling contracted S.T.A.R. Labs to develop enhanced gene therapies for soldiers. I was interested in the potential medical benefits for civilians. General Eiling really wanted to develop mind reading capabilities for interrogation purposes.

I stopped the study when I saw his techniques up close, but our split was less than amicable" Dr. Wells finished explaining after Cisco and Caitlin joined them in the cortex.

"He took all the evidence I collected on the bombing" Barry says.

"Everything but this folder" Caitlin says matter-of-factly, lifting up the folder in her hand to show Dr. Wells.

"Well, lucky for us, the va finally joined the new millennium and digitized their records. A lot of redacted info. But our girl's name is Bette Sans Souci, an EOD specialist for the army" Cisco says after he looks up the file on the computer.

"EOD?" Caitlin asks

"Bombs" Tori replies over her shoulder.

"Is there an address?" Barry asks and Cisco starts typing.

"Hold on. Here, we go" Cisco says before giving him the address and Barry changes into his suit.

"Be careful" Tori shouts before he speeds out.

After five minutes of not hearing anything from Barry, Tori's foot tapped nervously.

"I can't be nervous and scared everytime he leaves. I need to like, stop" Tori laughs nervously as she stared at the mic.

"Screw it" she says and passes the mic.

"Barry? Can you hear me?" Tori says and she doesn't an answer, "Barry?".

"There must be a perfectly reasonable explanation for why he's not answering" Caitlin says and Tori stands up and walks in front of the computers.

"Oh my gosh. What if he blew up? What if he's lying on the floor dying? What if-" Tori was cut off from a gust a wind pushing her back slightly, making her sigh of relief.

She looked to the side of her to see Barry putting a shirt on.

"Don't ask" he sighs as he put the shirt on completely.

"I'm gonna ask" Cisco says before standing up and walking towards Barry.

"Where's my suit?" Cisco asks.

"It's gone"

"What do you mean, it's gone? What did you do with my suit?"

"It blew up, dude" Barry says and walks over to Tori, "I managed to get out of it before it went, kaboom" he exclaims, holding the small of Tori's back.

"If he attacks me, are you able to throw water at him?" Barry asks quietly and she nods, slowly taking off the bandage of her now better healed hand to be ready.

"My suit went kaboom?" Cisco says asks, his eyes wide.

"Our suit" Tori corrects, pointing her finger at him,"I'm the one who made the damn suit" she reminds him.