45. Sewer Sex

"Nothing?" Tori asks as Barry runs into the cortex, shaking his head.

"I searched everywhere" he sighs.

"I think you guys should go home and get some rest" Caitlin says,"we'll figure everything out tomorrow"

Tori and Barry look at each other before nodding.

"I'll drive" Tori says.

"What do you mean?" Brooke asks as she grabbed her things.

"Now that we don't know where Wells is and that we know he is out to also kill us at some point, I don't want you to be alone" Tori says and Brooke nods, tossing Tori the keys to her car.

"There better not be any hidden cameras in my sister's car" Tori groans before flashing out of her suit and into her normal clothes.

"We'll disable everything we can and take them down tomorrow" Cisco says.

"Alright. We'll see you guys tomorrow" Barry says, following the two girls out.

The car ride was silent, everybody finally taking in what happened.

Barry rested his hand on Tori's thigh as she drove, looking at her and trying to figure out what she was thinking about.

They reach the house, entering in silence and going up to their rooms.

Once Barry and Tori are done getting ready for bed, now laying down in silence, Tori speaks.

"What are we gonna do after we get Eddie back?" Tori asks, and Barry rubs her arm.

"We'll catch Wells and throw him into the pipeline like everyone else"

"And how the hell are we going to do that, Barry?" She turns around to face him now.

"Apparently, right now he's faster than you and also like 200 steps ahead of us. He knows everything. He has planned everything out for 15 years. How are we going to catch him?"

Barry sighs, finally realizing this point as well.

"I don't know, Tor. I don't know" he sighs again and Tori moves in closer to him, snuggling into his body.

"But we'll figure it out" he says, wrapping his arms around her,"we always do"

***

When Tori and Barry arrived in the cortex, they saw Cisco at the desk with multiple of the cameras that Wells hid everywhere.

"You planning on keeping all of those?" Tori asks, sitting next to him.

"First rule of mechanical engineering, never waste good tech" he replies.

"Yeah, I guess that's true" Tori agrees as the computer dings.

"Central City Gold Reserve is under attack" Tori says, looking up at Barry,"you got this one?" She asks and he nods before running off.

Barry came back a few minutes later after facing the new guy unsuccessfully, apparently getting whammied like before but with fear instead of anger.

"It looks like when you went down, the thief got disoriented too" Caitlin says, walking away from Barry who sat on the medical bed and Tori walks to him.

"Maybe we both got whammied" Barry says as Tori wrapped her arms around his neck, standing in between his legs.

"Then you should know how it feels" Tori now moves back as she hears Iris's voice behind her.

"Hi, Barry" Iris takes a step forward, looking at Barry's suit,"or should I say, The Flash"

"Oh no" Tori whispers and Barry looks up at her.