10. Someone's in loooovvveee

The next day, Barry enters the cortex feeling the tension in the room.

He sees everyone gathered in the center of the room and walks next to Tori, as usual.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did Eiling find out you're here?" He asks Bette who looks a bit down.

"No. Caitlin was about to give me the not-so-good news" Bette answers.

Everyone looks to Caitlin for her to explain what's going on with Bette.

"The shrapnel in your body has merged with you on a cellular level" Caitlin says sadly, making Tori and Barry frown.

"And the technology required to unsplice your DNA, it hasn't been invented yet" Dr. Wells adds and everybody's face falls.

"Bette" Barry and Tori both say at the same time.

"Jinx" Tori whispered.

"It's okay. Roger that. I just need a minute" Bette says before starting to walk out of the room.

Tori begins to take a step forward,"Bette, I'm-"

"No, really. It's fine. Don't worry. Pretty sure I can cry without blowing stuff up" she says sadly before leaving the cortex.

"What now?" Tori asks and Barry steps in front of everyone.

"She joins us" he says determined, "Becomes a part of the team"

"Barry, you have an amazing ability to help people. She makes things explode" Caitlin reasons with him and he frowns.

"She's the first meta-human not hell-bent on destroying this city" he argues back and Tori steps in.

"Barry, It's too dangerous. Caitlin has a point. If she joins us, how is she going to help us?" she says and he turns to her and sighs, seeing her point.

"Well, she's not going in the pipeline" he says finalizing that point.

"I'm not suggesting she go in the pipeline, but were she to remain at S.T.A.R. Labs, it would put all of us at risk" Dr. Wells states.

"From Eiling?" Barry crosses his arms.

"Eiling is a dangerous man, Barry. We do not want him as an enemy"

"After the lighting bolt, what if you hadn't found me? It could've been me.
Hunted, on the run, cut off from everyone I know and care about. You guys saved me"

"And I want to save her just as bad as you do. We all do. You know that. We'll  think of the best plan we can, Bare. We'll make sure she won't get hurt" Tori says before Barry flashed out of the cortex.

Barry sped over to his lab at the precinct and found Joe there.

"Joe. What are you doing here?"

"Going over the materials in your mom's case" Joe replies, shrugging before looking up at Barry,"How's it going with you?"

"Stellar! I made friends with a human bomb who I promised I could help, and then, I couldn't. And I finally know why Iris is writing about the streak" he says sarcastically.

"She's doing it for me. To prove the impossible is possible" he answers what he said about Iris and the Streak.

"How do you know that?"

"The streak...um... may have talked to her" Barry replies shyly.

"Barry, don't you think Iris would recognize your voice" Joe says worriedly.

Barry smirks before starting to speak.

"No, I can do this cool thing with my vocal cords, where I vibrate them so I sound like this. Tori had the idea that-"