Chapter 15~I actually teach someone?

Jayson leads me towards the room with a bunch of guys, and I slow down as we reach the doorway. He doesn't seem to alarmed with how many guys there are crammed into a room, and I guess he must be used to it.

He must sense my discomfort, because he grabs my hand lightly. It's so lightly that only our finger tips touch. I don't move away, so he wraps his hand around mine, then leads me through the maze of guys. A few of them look at me confused, and I feel like an intruder. I glare when one whistles.

Jayson pulls me quickly all of the sudden and I stumble forwards, tripping over someone's foot, and tumbling out of another open doorway, and into Jayson's chest. I pull away quickly, surprised, but our hands stay locked together, and my other hand rests on his chest.

I glance up at him, surprised when he doesn't pull away. He is looking over my face, looking slightly stunned, and I step back, only to trip over a short flight of stairs, and land on my butt on the top of the landing.

Jayson is pulled on top if me, but stops himself from totally crushing me by putting his arms on either side of my head. I raise my eyebrows when our faces come within inches of each other. I can't see him clearly through my hair, but I can tell that he is just as stunned as me.

He laughs, and brushes the curtain of hair off of my face. My eyes are wide in shock with how close together we are.

He pushes himself off and sits up.

"Well that was a complete disaster." He laughs, and I cover my face, my cheeks flushing red.

"Yeah! You almost killed me. Never again will I come to your frat house." I reply hoping that I sound more stable then I actually am.

"I am completely ok with going somewhere else next time. I'm hoping to be out of here for good soon anyways. Happen to know any places?" He asks.

"No, not really." I say, not wanting to mention my own apartment. It is definitely large enough for two, and I could use help with the payment, but I'm not sure. I don't know him that well yet.

"We'll even though that was a complete mess, it seems that you still have one thing on your side." He says pointedly.

"And what's that?" I ask.

"You're still popular with the guys."

"Shut up Jayson Griffith." I say, sitting up as he continues to laugh.

I've never heard it clearly before, but his laugh is contagious. Its a deep rumble in the back of his throat that becomes a full belly laugh. I can't contain my laughter as I join in, leaning into his side, and burying my face in his arm as I go a even brighter shade of red.

He turns to me, his laugh turning to a chuckle.

"Well we should head to the room I was talking about so we can get something done before its to late." He says, and I nod.

He stands, and I follow him down the hall to a room with a fully closing door.

The table inside is completely empty, which is nice. We sit, and Jayson spreads out all his books in front of us.

"So where do we start?" I ask.

"Honestly, anywhere. I don't understand much of it" He admits.

"Okay" I say, turning to one of the first pages of my notes. "How about we try this one."

"Sure, he says, moving his chair closer so he has a full view of my page.

I start to explain things to him, and he seems to respond well. We make it through a few chapters before I check my watch.

"I should probably get going soon, I have to meet someone. How do you think your doing?" I ask Jayson.

"This is actually making sense. How did you do that?" He questions.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Make me understand it?" He asks.

"I don't know. I am having a really easy time with this class, and I like teaching people?" I answer, questioning myself.

"Well, then thanks." He says, smiling.

"Your welcome." I answer, raising a eyebrow.

I smile back at him for a few seconds before yells from another room snap me out of it. I shake my head.

"Well, anyways. I should get going. When do you want to meet again?" I ask.

"As soon as possible I guess. How about Wednesday?" He asks me.

"Yeah, sure. That sounds good to me." I say, grabbing my books and shoving them in my bag before standing.

I start to leave the room, but Jayson grabs my arm.

"I can walk you home." He offers.

"No no. That's okay, I will be fine. My apartment is only a few blocks away." I tell him, but he doesn't stop following me to the door.

"It seems that I don't have a choice in going alone." I laugh, moving towards the door.

"That is true." Jayson laughs.

When I open the door, Jayson follows behind me and closes the door behind us. We walk down the sidewalk slowly, looking around.

"Its getting sunny out. Its so nice to see actual sunlight." I laugh.

"Definitely. You're still not used to the weather here. Its quite rare to see the sun that much." Jayson points out.

When we get to my apartment, I feel weird leaving Jayson to go home alone. He seems reluctant to go back, so I invite him in.

"I though you were busy." He points out.

"I know. But its just a few people coming to see the apartment." I protest.

"Wait, what do you mean?" He asks

"I mean that people are coming to see the apartment." I repeat.

"Why? Are you moving?" He asks.

I sigh. "No. Quite the opposite. They might be moving in." I say, giving up on hiding the fact. I hope he doesn't ask why I need a person to share the apartment with. I don't really want one, but I don't have a choice. My job doesn't pay enough, and the rent is expensive.

"Well can I stay? I want to know who's going to be sharing a apartment with you. I don't want you to pick a total creep." He says.

I think for a few minutes. I don't really want him to stay because then I will have to explain more but...

I'm cut off when the door bell rings. I guess that is the answer.

"Ok, but you are not doing the talking." I say, before opening the door.