Chapter 21~Someone cooks for me?

Friday mornings are always the worst. I'm so tired because I've tutored Jayson everyday this week since he told me about his 62% project.

Carson found me again yesterday and it seems like he is getting more pushy, but I'm not giving in. The new year starts next week and I am ready to fully let go of him.

I cover my head with pillows when my alarm goes off, and shut it off by slapping it multiple times. A few minutes later I hear creaking on the floor and Jayson enters the room. I lay still and keep my head covered.

A loud clashing noise scares me so much, that I sit up in shock. Jayson is banging a pot and a spoon together. I jump out of bed as he opens his mouth to say something loudly.

I cover his mouth with my hand and pin him against the wall so he can't move his hands enough to hit the pot anymore.

"We have neighbours on either side Jayson!" I hiss. "I know you are used to living with 10-15 other boys in a single house, but we will actually get in trouble if we make to much noise."

I take my hand away from his mouth slowly and take the spoon from his hand as I move away from him.

I try to push him out and close the door so I can get ready, but he pulls me out of the room and heads downstairs.

"What are you up to?" I sigh grumpily.

We reach the kitchen and I smile slowly. Jayson pulls out a chair for me, and I sit.

"I made breakfast." He says, putting a plate down in front of me.

I raise my eyebrow. "You made this?" I ask doubtfully.

"I can't believe you don't believe me! I can cook fine, and you've never tried my food!" He laughs.

I eye the pancakes suspiciously.

"Try them." He says, and I see that he is watching me.

I pick up the fork and take a bite of the pancake.

I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh come on, they aren't that bad are they?" He asks.

"These are good, but I'm still not convinced you made them." I smile, messing with him.

I can see the bowl of batter and the spatula behind him, and even though I'm surprised that he made them, he obviously did.

"Well I did. And by the way, you forgot the best part. Maple syrup. We have the real stuff here. Not that weird Aunt Jemima corn syrup stuff." He laughs.

"That stuff is pretty good!" I protest.

"Nope. Try this" He says, putting a jug of maple syrup in front of me.

I pick it up the jug and open it suspiciously. I can't believe he dissed Aunt Jemima.

I pour some of the syrup off to the side.

"No, nope, no. That is so wrong." Jayson states, picking up the jug and pouring a huge amount right on top of the pancakes.

The whole plate is drenched. I pick up a piece of sticky pancake and bite into it. My eyes open in surprise.

"Oh my god. This is so sweet?! How do you eat this?" I laugh.

"It's delicious. And my pancakes are the best ever so of course it's good." He smirks.

I finish eating and raise a eyebrow at Jayson.

"So you actually made this? I'm impressed." I say, getting up and walking over to Jayson.