Chapter 16~I choose a roomate?

After three long interviews, I am ready to be done, but I still know that there are four to go, so I get up to get some coffee.

"Do you want some coffee?" I ask Jayson before I leave.

"I'll make two. You look tired." He says, getting up, and leading me back to the couch with a hand on my shoulder.

"No, I'm not that tired." I say with a yawn.

Jayson gives me a pointed look.

"Fine." I say, giving in, and sinking into the couch.

His coffee was really good last time he made me one, so its not too hard of a decision.

The doorbell rings a minute later. I get up and open the door for a guy who looks about 25. I grimace. He has a fancy haircut and a posh British accent.

"I'm here for the interview. You're Aubrey?" He asks.

"Yes, follow me." I say, leading him to the living room area, and gesturing for him to sit.

"So your name is...?" I ask.

"Daniel Grimm" he answers.

"And why do you need an apartment?" I ask.

"I'm here for a few months and need somewhere to stay. The hotels here are to small to stay in for that long."

"And why do you want to share an apartment?" I ask. "Why not get your own?"

"Well to be honest, I get quite lonely. And who would pass up sharing a apartment with a beautiful girl like you." He laughs, winking and I smile.

This guy seems pretty friendly, but I need someone who will be staying for a bit longer than him.

"So why are you here to visit?" I ask.

"Is this to do with the apartment, or just interest?"

"Just interest."

"Well, my background is journalism, and I had to come here to complete a travel program before I go big." He laughs.

"Wow, what kind of journalism?" I ask, but am interrupted by Jayson sitting next to me and handing my coffee.

"Thank you" I say to Jayson, and them focus back on Daniel.

"Mostly newspaper stories." He says

I stiffen when Jayson wraps a arm around my waist and moves closer to me on the couch.

What is going on with him.

"That sounds great. I'll be sure to keep a look out for your name. Ok well thanks for coming. I will be sure to
contact you with my decision soon." I day with a smile. As soon as Daniel is gone, Jayson speaks up.

"I didn't like that one. He seemed to posh and rude." He says.

"He wasn't to bad." I reason.

"No. He was pretty bad. He was practically bragging the entire time. Please tell me that he isn't a actual consideration for you." He says, seeming to hate the idea.

"Gosh Jayson, it wasn't that bad, but no, he isn't a consideration. I need someone who is staying for longer than a few months. I don't want to have to do another interview once he leaves." I say, and see Jayson visually relax.

He is so tense. I don't understand how he can be so stressed. I could fall asleep right now. I lean against the back of the couch and close my eyes. Soon I actually am asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I start to wake up, I hear two voices. One is Jayson's, and the other is that of a middle aged women.