Chapter 28~Everything is crumbling?

It's been 2 weeks of avoidance and bus rides since I broke up with Jayson. I feel horrible still and wish things didn't end like they did, but I can't change the past.

I'm starting to feel stable again. It takes a lot to hurt me now. He isn't the first boy that's come along. It's hard to get through the walls I've built, and he hasn't done enough to break my heart.

I'm proud that I am feeling so strong, but a little surprised it took so long to let it go. I know he meant something to me, but didn't realize it would be so hard to break off whatever we were.

I see him at the apartment obviously. It's insane to think I can avoid him completely and never see him, and I can't just kick him out. I have talked to him, but not anything real, just small talk, like we are strangers.

That is probably what hurts the most and is the only thing that gets through my barriers. It's like a small pin prick in my heart. I feel it, but I can still manage.

It's a Friday, and I'm so ready for the weekend so I can really see my friends and completely clear my mind. I head to my third class from lunch, waving goodbye to my friends. As I walk down the almost empty hallway I spot Carson leaning against the wall.

As I walk by he grabs my arm.

"You didn't think I would find out he moved in with you huh?" He sneers.

I know instantly that he is talking about Jayson, but I cover the fear with a confused look.

"Really? You're going to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about?"

I stare at him, not saying anything. Who knows what he wants or what he will do to me or Jayson if he knows Jayson moves in.

"Don't act stupid. I know it's true that he moved in with you, and now I know exactly where to find him. And don't think I won't. I'll teach him not to mess with my business or any of my ex girlfriends." Carson growls, and I feel scared that he is telling the truth.

He seems obsessed with getting Jayson back. I back away and hurry down the hall.

"Yeah, go ahead and ignore me, but it's not in your best interest to doubt me. I'll see you this weekend at the apartment and we will settle this." He calls after me.

I head to my class, feeling terrified. The entire class all I can think about is ways  to get Carson to not show up. How am I going to deal with this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get to the apartment first, and try to figure out how to tell Jayson, but when the door opens and he comes in all I can do is just shout it out.

"I saw Carson in the halls today." I say quickly, and Jayson looks surprised.

This is the first time I've talked to him this loud and outright since the breakup.

"He knows you live here now and he said he's coming this weekend to settle things." I continue.

Jayson is still shocked that I'm talking to him, but he managed to take off his coat and shoes and walk into the apartment.

"What? That's crazy."

"No, I mean it, he knows." I repeat.

"Okay, but don't worry, he won't come."

"He sounded serious." I state, feeling nervous that Jayson doesn't seem worried.

"You don't think he's serious right?Don't worry okay? It's not going to happen, and even of it does, I can handle it."

I walk towards the stairs.

"I'm staying in this weekend anyways."

Jayson sighs, but doesn't protest and heads to the kitchen.