Chapter 5

Demetre

For the last two days Candice has been rolling her eyes and having a stank ass attitude towards me. I haven't done shit to her.

My guess was the weekend was over and our us time was at its end. Going to pick up Aubrey my mother in law suggested we stay for dinner.

I wasn't really to hype being me and her mom had an exchange of words over the years. All she do is pass judgment on me while my wife sits there and let her talk nasty to me.

The food though was always great but being in the presence of Mrs. Drew was not so pleasurable. "So how was your weekend baby girl?" I asked.

"It was so much fun daddy. Grandma really knows how to have fun." Aubrey said smiling as she looked at her smiling grandma.

"Oh really what you guys do?" Candice asked. "No dear don't tell them all our secrets." Mrs. Drew said putting a finger up to her mouth.

"Question is how was your weekends?" She asked looking at Candice. Then I looked at Candice. She looked disappointed.

"Baby? You okay?" Her mom asked her. "Yeah mom we enjoyed it." She finally said. See that's the shit I be talking about.

We finally wrapped it up as we drove home. Once we got there Candice got Aubrey settled as I lay in bed in my t shirt and boxers.

Once she came in the room she went to take a shower. All I know is I was tired and ready for bed. Dozing off Candice jumped in the bed waking me back up.

"Damn babe you okay?" I asked. "Nope I am not okay!" She said looking at me. I was lost. "What is the problem? I can't read your mind." I said.

"You are what's wrong with me!" She said folding her arms. "Babe you not telling me shit. Talk to me boo." I said grabbing her arms then kissing her hands.

We were both sitting up looking at each other in the eyes."Okay so while you decided to storm off on me I was getting ready for you in one of the most sexiest pieces of lingerie ever." She said hurt.

"Demetre where did you go? I called you and you didn't pick up. Which is a first you never ignore my calls." She said.

"I had to make a run I'm sorry baby. It won't happen again." I said kissing her lips. As we laid down we cuddled and fell asleep in each others arms.

Monday was here and I had stopped by the office after dropping Aubrey off at daycare. Finding my uncle we went to his office.

"Talk to me young blood." He said. "Sorry I been out. What I missed?" I asked. "Your a man of many talents Demetre it's okay to not lay all your eggs in one basket." He said.

I smirked and chuckled. "Right. So what I miss?" I asked again trying to make up for lost time spent at the club.

"Well Antonio just signed this deal to do some construction work on this new school up on the westside." He said.

"The westside?" I asked. "Yeah you got a problem with that? We had two choices westside or south side. If you were here you would of had a say so. Due to your absence we made the choice without you." My uncle said harshly.

"Damn unc I'm sorry." I said feeling like I let him down. "It's okay NEP! That's minor our next big project is this Walmart downtown. Our deadline is three weeks from now so make sure you here for that. I'm not paying you to be absent working in some damn hole in the wall with a bunch of nasty hoes."

I laughed at him he is really funny. I loved my uncles construction company. He worked hard for it and came a long way.

Former crackhead now clean for all of three years and is owning his own business. I must say so myself when he met Jane it was the best thing he could do.

Finally wrapping it up I made sure to check on everything. Going to pick up Aubrey we stopped for McDonalds.

Only because I knew Candice worked late on Mondays. Once we got home I helped Aubrey clean up and get settled.

As she watched Disney channel I went to pick up my ringing phone. "Hello." I answered. "Hey Demetre." Tameka said. Her voice was so soft and pleasing to my ears.

"Hey pretty lady." I said smiling. "Hey. So I was calling to confirm my meeting for tomorrow." She said. "That's perfect I can't wait." I said.

We said our goodbyes as I got up to check up on Aubrey. She was up dancing to this video. "Aubrey!" I said. Stopping her dancing.

She looked at me then laughed. "Daddy you scared me." She said. "What you watching?" I asked her going inside her room.

"My favorite show ever "Lilo and stitch." She said excited. "Can daddy watch with you?" I asked her. "Sure you can." She said.

Feeling a poke I woke up and saw Candice. My daughter and I both fell asleep on her bed. Going in our bedroom I laid in the bed.

It was ten o clock. Candice took forever to get in the bed. She had ate, showered, and finally laid down next to me.

I held her and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I heard what sounded like hurling. Jumping up I ran to my daughters room.

Aubrey was on the side of the bed throwing up. Grabbing her she finally was done. I figured something upset her stomach.

All she had was Micky D's so I knew it had to be that. Cleaning her and the mess I put her back to bed. Once we woke up I noticed she was drowsy.

We did our normal routine of going downstairs for breakfast. Candice looked at Aubrey. "Baby you okay?" She asked.

Aubrey shook her head yes. I looked at Aubrey then back at Candice. She looked worried. Eating breakfast Aubrey barely touched hers.

"I'll drop Aubrey off today." Candice said. "Baby go get your stuff your about to get ready to go." I said. "Okay daddy." Aubrey said getting up.

"She barely ate. Why?" Candice asked. "Baby I don't know ask her." I said. There she go got another fucking attitude.

Rolling her eyes she stormed off towards our daughter. Putting up the dishes Candice walked back towards the kitchen.

Grabbing her purse huffing and puffing she got her cellphone. I stood there watching her. "Hello. Ms.Rice, yes this is Mrs. Morris. Yeah. Aubrey won't be in today. She isn't feeling good this morning. Okay. Thank you."

Hanging up the phone she dialed another number. "Mr.Ducken. hey my daughter is sick and I need to really be excused today. Sure I can. Okay have a nice day. Bye bye."

Snatching off her heels she put her hand over her head. I could feel her frustration. "Babe it's going to be okay." I said. "Demetre please." She said.

"Well I'm off you hold it down." I said. "Yeah bye." She said.