Chapter 12

Demetre

    Cutting on the light Candice sat there looking ugly and pissed. Her arms were folded and her face was red.

"Where you been? I wake up and you gone. You didn't call or nothing. What's going on Demetre?" She asked.

"First of all chill. I went out for drinks. At the end of the day ima grown ass man. Since when did I need permission to leave?" I asked annoyed.

"Hello. If I can remember I am your wife. Who is concerned very so how dare you try to diss me? Who is she Demetre?" Candice asked.

"Girl you sound dumb as hell. Maybe if you was getting some rest instead of sitting up waiting for me you'll actually sound like you have some sense."

I said taking off my clothes to get in the shower. Turning on the water I stood up against the wall as I thought about the pass weeks.

Tameka had my mind gone. I have a beautiful wife and family but, I crave another women. This was crazy now I'm snapping on Candice something I've never done.

Getting out the shower I went inside the bedroom. Candice was laying down as I got in the bed. Turning the opposite way I tried to get some rest.

The next morning I had to go to the construction sight with my uncle. It was the big day and I had to make sure I was there.

I knew I was on the line with my uncle and I didn't need him up in my business. He most definitely would go to Candice and spill the beans on me.

Not that his ass knew anything but, he did know I spent most of my time at temptations. Something that my wife was unaware of.

Making it there my uncle was pleased to see me. We started on the big Wal-Mart project downtown. It was a good spot to.

We spent about four hours going over everything and making sure we had enough workers. Once my unk gave me the okay to leave I called Tameka.

"Hey sexy get up. Give me about a half an hour I'll come scoop you up." I said. Hanging up I headed back home.

Smiling I knew she was so anxious, today I was gone give her more than sex. I was going to give her some of my time.

Pulling up to the house I went inside and changed my clothes. Candice was at work and Aubrey was at school. Glad I didn't have to deal with my wife big mouth.

Making a couple arrangements I was on my way to pick up Tameka. Driving I finally made it to the condo that me and Rome use on special occasions.

Before I went and got her I bought rose petals and put them all over the condo. I had scented candles, and a seafood dinner for us.

Putting a blindfold over her eyes I walked her inside. Taking the blindfold off she looked and smiled.

She turned around and jumped into my arms. Kissing me I kissed her back. "Baby I love this." She said. We then sat at the table.

"You hungry baby?" I asked. The food was covered up so she didn't know what we was having. "Yeah what we eating?" She asked.

I revealed her food as her eyes lit up. "Oh my god. I love seafood. We had lobster, shrimp pasta, potatoes,bread and wine.

Eating we chatted and later desserts were being served. I had ordered strawberries and whip cream. The strawberries were dipped in various flavors.

We also had pineapples. A whole tray of fruits. We ate that up too. Not even asking for sex I dropped her back off.

Making my way to the club I found Rome. He was hugged up on pepper. I don't blame him though she a cute Asian with a fat ass.

The club wasn't packed so the girls gave dances instead of working the stage. I was tired already so I left and headed home.

In the bed I lay in my boxers and t shirt and went to sleep. Moments later I was woke up by Aubrey. "Hey daddy." She said. I got up and looked at her.

"Hey baby girl."  I said kissing her forehead. Then Candice walked in. "Hey baby." She said. "Hey." I said.

"Come on Aubrey go take off them clothes I'm about to run your bath water." Candice said. Aubrey ran to her room.

"You hungry i'm about to start dinner after I bathe Aubrey." She said. I was still full from earlier.

"No I'm good I'm not hungry but I'll come down and join y'all while y'all eat. Maybe get a drink or two." I said getting up.

Going to the living room I sat and grabbed my coke and Hennessey. Drinking I listened to some music. Candice then started cooking.

Once dinner was done they ate and finally got ready for bed. I stayed in the living room listening to my music.

After I was Damn near to drunk to lift my cup I was headed back up to the room. Laying down Candice rolled over and threw her leg on me.

"Baby you love me? Give me a kiss." She said. I already knew what this was about. I love my wife to death. She just so insecure it's crazy to me.

I rolled over on her moving her leg from off me. "See that's what I'm talking about right there. You been ignoring me and I just want to know what is the problem?" She said. 

"Good night baby." I said closing my eyes.

The next morning we all relaxed. It was Saturday so we all chilled around the house. Getting the mail and newspaper I walked in on Candice on the phone.

"Okay mom we will be there to pick you up  Thanksgiving Eve." She said with her Calendar book in hand and pen.

Damn I been so busy I forgot Thanksgiving was around the corner. Still talking I opened the mail and threw the newspaper on the nightstand.

Opening up a bill my eyes got big. It looked like Candice car note hadn't been paid at all. Once she got off the phone I stood up.

She looked at me as she bit her lip. "What Demetre?" She asked. "This fucking car note that's what. When was you gone tell me it needed to be paid off?" I asked.

"I didn't plan on telling you because I wanted to pay my own Damn car note. With me paying everything else and Aubrey's daycare I just waited it out." She  said.

"What! You act like I don't fucking work to help with shit. This don't make sense you never in your life just woke up one day and decided to pay all the bills. Really Candice?" I said pissed off.

"Look Demetre it's about to be the holidays okay. Let's not stress things I got it trust me. I just want to see if I can handle things alone." She said.

"Handle things alone? That sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. Whatever it is you got going on stop it and I mean it." I said walking away from her.