Chapter 23

{Tameka}

     It was Christmas week and I was preparing myself for the long week ahead of me. Buying me a new Christmas themed dance costume I was happy at the turn out.

Dying my hair red with white streaks I was pleased at the turn out. This weekend was going to be bomb. Still avoiding calling Andrew I wanted to take my time.

Still not talking to Demetre I felt good to finally be free of his drama. Helping my neighbor out I felt good about it.

Janea had spent the night at my house and told me her damn life story. I didn't ask her to tell but she did. After two days she was back home with her husband.

I guess marriage ain't a fairy tale around here everybody cheats on their wife and shit. I'm glad I'm not married to nobody.

Pete texted me while I was out and told me I had the week off but come in on the weekend. I mean I had dough saved but damn that was bullshit.

The Christmas party was this weekend so I won't trip on his ass. My day was going good. Going home I checked my mail box. Seeing Janea husband I didn't even look his way.

"Excuse me." I heard. Mugging I walked to my door. "Bitch you heard me." He said.  Paying him no attention I unlocked my door. As this man starts walking in my yard.

Grabbing the strap out my purse he eased up. "I let you slide on calling me a bitch but what you won't do is walk in my motherfucking yard." I said.

"Damn my bad I was trying to apologize for the way me and my wife acted." He said.  "Look I don't give a fuck that's yall business not mines." I said.

Walking in my house I took deep breaths I was slick scared. Laughing at myself I put the strap up. Wrapping up my hair I took a shower.

Cooking some shrimp Alfredo in my shorts and t shirt I fixed my plate and poured me some wine. A little tipsy I grabbed my phone.

Going through my phone I found drew number and called him. "Hello." His voice was deep and sexy. "Hey drew." I said smiling.

"Tameka?" He said.  "Yes this is she." I said. "What's up it took you a whole week to call ya boy what's good?" He asked.

"I be working. Just thought I should call while I got some time." I said buzzed. "You free today?" He asked.  "Sure am why?" I asked.

"I want to see you." He said. "OK when and where you tell me." I said. "Let me come get you." He said. "Alright cool let me get dressed first." I said.

An hour later I was with Andrew and I was enjoying myself for real. We went and saw this ice show. It was Christmas themed and it was beautiful.

Afterwards we went to this cabin he was in and drunk hot cocoa. The fireplace was burning and I felt real cozy. Around this time of year I'll feel so down.

Being both my parents are out of my life and I basically had no family it was just depressing. My sister probably could careless but I just know how I feel.

"You okay?" Andrew asked. "Yeah I'm good this hot cocoa is hitting the spot." I said. I must of been in deep thought or he was staring mad hard.

"I've missed you Tameka." He said moving closer to me. "Yeah me too. I took it pretty hard when you left years back." I said honestly.

"I had a dream and I went for it and got it." He said. Rubbing my chin he looked me in my eyes. "How has life been treating you?" He asked.

With him knowing my history and all that made me more emotional. Trying to be strong he knew deep down I was hurting.

Grabbing me he pulled me closer to him and held him. As bad as I wanted to cry I stayed strong. Pulling away I sat there in a daze.

Then I smiled at him he smiled back. "Girl I still love you." He said. "I love you to drew." I said. Sitting there I was happy.

Later we ate and watched movies. Being up under him made me miss him even more. It was crazy how old feelings came rushing over me.

He held me and made me feel good. Falling asleep in his arms I ended up spending the night with drew.

The next morning he bought me breakfast. I ate and then got my things. "You leaving?" He asked.  "Yes I need to shower." I said.

"I'll buy you some new clothes so you can shower." He said. "That's so sweet but you really don't have to." I said.

"You right I don't have to but I will. So what you say it's on you." He said. "Okay sure." I said not turning his nice gesture down.

"OK bet." He said and grabbed his keys. "Lets go." He said smiling. Making it to the mall I walked to my favorite shop.

Picking up a few pieces out of Macy's I was ready to go. Once we got back I showered and put on my polo sweater with my new Levis jeans.

Going through my purse I pulled out my make up and got cute. Approving my look I stepped out the bathroom on fleek.

Drew was sitting there looking sexy as he always did. Looking up at me he licked his sexy lips. "Damn boo you looking good." He said.

"Thank you baby." I said. "Can you take me somewhere?" I asked. "Yeah as long as you don't get us shot up." He said laughing.

Taking me to get some weed we made it back to his spot. Rolling up a blunt he watched me. "You smoke?' I asked.

"No. I tried once with Larry one time remember.  I start tripping hard my mama almost killed me." He said laughing.

Blazing up I loosened up a little bit. The whole two days I've been nervous around him for some reason. High as hell I played around and start being goofy.

I had drew laughing hard as hell. I was really happy for once with no drama involved and it felt good for once. A week off had done me some good.