Chapter 14

"Watch it!!!" Tessa said as an ice ball headed towards her head.

"What are you two doing?" I asked as dad, James and I walked into the house.

"Practicing." Izzy and Tessa said in unison.

Izzy tried to catch me off guard and threw an ice ball towards James. My hands were full, but I dropped what I had in one of my hands and threw fire to melt the ice before it hit James.

"Are you trying to give our brother a black eye on the first day he's here?" I asked.

"This is our brother!" Tessa said.

Tessa and James stared at each other for a few moments. It was James who spoke first.

"Tess?" James said.

"Jem?" Tessa replied.

"You two gonna elaborate or just stand there and gape at each other?" Izzy asked.

It had turned out that the two of them were having dreams about their twin, so "Jem" wasn't surprised when we explained that he and "Tess" were twins. The room situation was fixed to where the boys shared a room instead of Jem and Tess. The next couple of days were spent in the backyard practicing our bending, and dad had been shut in his office looking for where our last and younger brother lived. He wasn't having any luck. Izzy, Jem, Tess and I on the other hand, our bending was getting stronger. Though the only part of our bending that was getting stronger seemed to be the bending itself not our movements or techniques. We were starting to get worried that if we ran into a fight, our movements would be the reason we'd crash and burn and get our butts kicked. None of us were finding any kind of rhythm to our bending. Till later one day Jem found the old TV show Avatar the Last Air Bender.

"Hey guys! Take a look at this!" Jem said from the living room while Tess, Izzy, and I were in our rooms.

"What is it now Jem!?" Tess asked in reply. "It better not be another prank!"

"It's not I swear! Just get in here!"

We all stood around the TV and watched the characters bend the elements in movements that flowed and techniques that were flawless. We all got the same idea at the same time; use the movements and techniques from the show. We scrambled to get out back, and I brought out the kitchen TV and turned it to the show. We practiced the movements and techniques for hours till we memorized them. We were outside for almost half the night. We practiced for days outside perfecting our skills. Most of the times we were outside till it was dark before we finally went inside. We always went to bed with sore muscles.