Chapter 24

"Wow!" we all gaped at what Izzy was able to do.

When we had finally gotten our fill on the amazing sight, the others looked to me to see what I was going to do. I didn't think I was going to be able to do anything new since I lost my arm. The stitches had come out and my shoulder wasn't bandaged anymore, but I still felt like my limits were greater than they really were. While I was thinking about my limits, I looked around the basement at my family, and panic started to rise inside me. I was starting to become even more frantic that I'll let my family down and disappoint them. I closed my eyes scared to see the looks of disappointment on their faces, and in that moment, I felt heat radiating from my left shoulder. I opened my eyes to see a pillar of fire stretching down. On instinct I tried to raise my left arm knowing it wasn't there, but the fire responded and moved like my arm. Soon the fire took the shape of an arm and hardened into a kind of solidified pillar of lava. It was like I had my arm back, and it was even stronger. I felt the surge of strength in my new arm, and the power with it as well. I looked for the wooden targets in the corner of the basement, and I positioned myself sideways, outstretched my left "arm" and aimed. My arm elongated and turned into lava before it hit the target. The target melted instantly from little to no contact with the lava, and the ice and frost that coated the basement melted. My arm retracted back to my side and became an arm again. I thought about my arm being gone again, and the lava turned to fire and disappeared. My family stood and stared at me, but I didn't look back at them. I stood and stared at my shoulder, tears starting to brim in my eyes. I could have an arm again, but it was made of fire and lava, and there were even more things I wouldn't be able to do with the newfound bending ability. The tears that were brimming in my eyes were running down my face now. I still wouldn't look at my family, but my family was looking at me with concern rather than amazement now. Dad went back upstairs to get some tissues for me, while Izzy, Tess, Jem, and Will came to hug me. Izzy was the first to get to me, so I clung to her almost for dear life. Will and Jem were next, but Tess was right behind them. When Tess reached us, her arms wrapped around me and came in contact with Jem. Both of their eyes clouded over instantly. They broke away from the hug and ran upstairs.