Chapter 28

The next thing I remember is waking up inside a room where everything was made out of a glassy water material.

"Tess? Jem? Will? Izzy?" I called out.

No one answered and I got worried. I looked around the room to see if there was anything that wasn't made of the glassy water material. The only thing that I found that wasn't made of the material was a metal intercom screen on the wall near the door. I walked towards the intercom, and when I neared it, it turned on. The person on the other end was someone I had no idea who they were.

"Good. You're awake. Get dressed. There are clothes in the dresser. When you're done getting dressed, press the button on the intercom." The stranger said.

I didn't have time to answer because the stranger hung up. I went over to the dresser to see what kind of clothes were set out for me. In one drawer there were red V-neck t-shirts with white tank tops. The next drawer had red colored jeggings (jeans that are made with legging material). The last drawer held black combat boots and socks. It looked like I didn't have much of a choice in clothes, so I threw on what was there. Once I changed, I walked back towards the intercom and pressed the call button. The same stranger answered.

"I'm done." I said.

The guy didn't say anything in reply. All he did was turn the intercom off and unlock the door. He came in and put a metal wrist band on me. The instant he put that band on my wrist, I felt my bending weaken, and I knew that the band was to make it so that I didn't have the strength to bend. He escorted me out of the watery room and down a series of halls. He finally led me into a room that seemed empty until I entered the room, and found my siblings huddled in a circle on the floor.

"Jessie!" Izzy said.

I walked over slowly watching the guy that escorted me here over my shoulder. I sat down with my siblings and looked around at their wrists. They were all wearing metal bands like the one on my wrist.

"I see they don't trust any of us with our bending." I said motioning towards the bands.

"Yea." Tess replied.

I took a moment to look at what they were wearing. Tess and Izzy were wearing the same clothes as I was, but Tess was wearing black and Izzy was wearing blue. Will and Jem were wearing similar clothes, the only thing that was different were their shirts. The neck was a crew neck instead of a V-neck. Will was wearing brown and Jem was wearing yellow. We were all wearing the color that matched our bending.

"Hey? What kind of rooms did you guys wake up in?" I asked.

"I woke up in a room that was full of light, and in my opinion, it was way too much light." Tess said.

"The room I woke up in was almost completely dark." Jem said.

"The room I was in was really windy." Will said.

"I was in a room that had fiery walls and furniture." Izzy said.

"What about you Jessie?" Tess asked.

"Water. The walls were glass and inside the glass there was water. The furniture was the same too." I replied.

"So, we were in rooms that oppose our element." Izzy said.

"I guess so." I replied.

Our conversation was cut short when the door opened suddenly and the guy who brought me here came in followed by someone new, but I couldn't see his face to identify him. He looked so familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. They both walked to the other side of the room and started getting things out. The things looked like branding irons from a distance, and I started to get a sinking feeling in my stomach that they were branding irons with curved symbols on one side. The two men turned around, and I could finally see the second man's face. My heart almost stopped when I saw dad's face. He wouldn't work for his old boss to hurt us, would he? I didn't know anymore. I was looking right at him, and he didn't even look like the dad we know.

"Dad?" Izzy asked.

Dadfurrowed his brow in confusion. He didn't reply, instead he ignored her andturned back to what he and the other guy was doing. I looked at my dad's backfor what felt like hours but was only minutes. All I was looking at was a whitet-shirt, but something caught my eye. It almost looked like a tattoo on thebase of dad's neck, but when I looked a little closer, I could see it was abrand in the shape of the air symbol from Avatar:The Last Air Bender (see image above)I couldn't believe my eyes. Dad turned around again, and I got a better look at dad's eyes. They were unfocused, his pupils were huge, and his irises were almost invisible. He looked like he had been brainwashed or had his memory wiped. His memory being wiped sounded more believable. Dad came over to us with five iron rods in his hand I couldn't see what was on the ends, and his "friend" followed with hot coals.

"Dad what are you doing?" I asked.

"Why are you calling me 'dad'?" He replied.

We all went into a kind of shock. I was right, he had his memory wiped. He didn't remember us at all. We looked at each other with extreme sadness. We had finally gotten our father back, and they took his memories of us away from him.